LHR–curious? Here are 12 things you need to know before getting this treatment done:
- Laser hair removal may seem like magic, but it’s science. Laser hair removal works its magic with laser light pulses. These selectively destroy hair follicles by targeting the pigment in them. The pigment absorbs the pulse, which damages the follicle to slow hair regrowth.
- Laser hair removal requires that you stay out of the sun. Before your appointments, avoid sun exposure for at least four weeks, because you can’t receive laser hair removal treatments if you’re sunburned or tanned. Most clients start their treatments in fall or winter so that they can achieve silky smooth skin by summer.
- You must shave the area you’re going to have treated before your appointment. Laser hair removal isn’t like waxing, so you don’t need to grow your unwanted hair out beforehand. By the same token, you can’t receive laser hair removal treatments if you’ve recently waxed. So be sure to shave a day before your appointment.
- Your laser hair removal technician will test a patch of your skin during your first appointment. Not everyone’s skin reacts well to laser treatments. Some people experience discoloration, scarring, and irregular pigmentation.
- You may not have silky smooth skin after your first treatment. Only hair in the active growth phase can be targeted. It usually takes between five to six sessions of laser hair removal in order to see significant results.
- You can’t make an appointment for a full-body laser hair removal treatment. This is because there is only a certain amount of laser light and heat that your body can safely tolerate during any session.
- Best results require multiple sessions. Your hair follicles have their own growth cycle, and clients who achieve the best results usually go in for treatment every four to six weeks to zap the most follicles. This time frame enables the dead hair shafts to fall out on their own.
- Most clients achieve significant results after three months. After the first few treatments, you may not see a huge difference. But after three months, you’ll notice that you have smoother skin.
- Some hair types are a little more challenging than others to treat. Darker hair tends to be easier to treat because the laser targets the hair’s pigment. Gray, white, blonde, and red hair is less easily treated. But it’s not impossible. Special lasers can safely and effectively treat lighter hair.
- You must wear sunblock after your treatment. Your skin will be sensitive, and it’s important that you protect it from the sun’s rays.
- You must not wax or pluck after your treatment. Pulling out hair after your laser hair removal treatment hinders the process. The treated hair needs to fall out on its own.
- You must avoid perfume, deodorant, and hot showers for 24 to 48 hours after your sessions. Take lukewarm showers instead for the first week.
For All Your Laser Hair Removal Needs There’s LaserAway
Waxing, shaving, and depilatory creams are all temporary hair removal solutions. Laser hair removal delivers permanent hair reduction after just three to seven treatments. Best of all, it’s noninvasive. This meaning there’s no downtime. You can resume your activities immediately after treatment.
Offering the most service options of any national skincare provider, LaserAway uses only innovative techniques and cutting-edge laser technology. And our highly trained staff is experienced and certified in laser and other dermatological procedures. They aim to make your medical spa experience comfortable, enjoyable and satisfying.
Want to learn more about laser hair removal?
Then schedule a free, no-obligation consultation today by emailing LaserAway.com or calling us at (888) 965-2737. One visit to us and you’ll discover a smoother, more radiant you.