If you haven’t already heard about dermal fillers and wrinkle treatments like Juvéderm, Juvéderm Voluma XC and Botox, then you’re in for a real treat!
Treatments like these instantly banish wrinkles and fine lines for months at a time, restoring a more youthful, subtle appearance. But if these treatments aren’t administered by a trained and experienced physician, they can result in bruising and swelling. We’re here to give you the lowdown on all three treatments. We’ll explain too how to avoid bruising and swelling with dermal fillers and wrinkle treatments.
Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Juvéderm
Juvéderm is a revolutionary dermal filler that instantly banishes wrinkles around the mouth and nose. And with just one treatment, you’ll get natural-looking results that last up to one year!
How does Juvéderm work its magic? Simple. Juvéderm is a smooth gel filler comprised of smooth hyaluronic acid gel that, when injected into the skin, smooths wrinkles and folds.
What’s hyaluronic acid? It’s a naturally occurring molecule found in the human body that binds and absorbs water, creating volume in the face. Unfortunately, during the natural aging process, hyaluronic acid found in the body diminishes. The result? Those annoying lines, folds, and wrinkles you hate so much. Juvéderm turns back the clock by restoring hyaluronic acid in the skin, helping to diminish the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, and folds.
If you’re thinking that Juvéderm isn’t right for you, then think again. It’s safe and effective on nearly all skin types and tones. Juvéderm also has many uses. It’s fantastic for facial contouring and can improve the appearance of scars. It also enhances the size and shape of lips, which is pretty awesome in itself. So if you’ve got facial lines, scars, thin lips, or sunken areas, then Juvéderm is right for you!
Juvéderm produces immediate results, and these results continue to improve for one to two weeks as Juvéderm softens and draws moisture into the area. And you can expect these results to last up to 12 months. In fact, Juvéderm is the only FDA-approved hyaluronic acid filler that lasts up to one year with only one treatment.
Juvéderm Voluma XC—a Brilliant New Addition
If you already love the original Juvéderm, then you’ll definitely love Juvéderm Voluma XC. What’s Voluma XC? It’s a unique patented formula specially designed to add more natural volume to your cheeks. It’s actually the first and only FDA-approved injectable gel to instantly add volume to your cheek area to correct age-related volume loss. Best of all, results can last up to two years!
Juvéderm Voluma XC reverses the aging process in much the same way as the original Juvéderm. It’s comprised of a smooth hyaluronic acid gel that, when injected into the cheek area, instantly adds natural-looking volume, contouring and lifting the face.
Juvéderm Voluma XC is safe and effective on pretty much all skin types and tones. But avoid Voluma XC if you have severe scarring and/or allergies, thin or loose skin, and certain medical conditions.
Juvéderm Voluma XC produces immediate results, and these results continue to improve for one to two weeks as Juvéderm Voluma XC softens and draws moisture into the cheek area. Plus, Juvéderm Voluma XC results last up to two years with optimal treatment.
Botox Can Literally Erase the Signs of Aging
Botox is a prescription medication that improves moderate to severe frown lines, forehead furrows, smoker’s lines, and crow’s feet. It’s a great alternative to invasive cosmetic procedures. Plus, Botox is quick, painless, and seldom causes side effects.
How does Botox get such amazing results? Botox is a neurotoxin and works by attaching itself to nerve endings. Once this happens, the neurotransmitter responsible for triggering muscle contractions, called acetylcholine, can’t be released. To put it more simply, Botox injections temporarily relax the facial muscles that underlie and cause wrinkles. That’s why static wrinkles, or wrinkles caused by sun damage and gravity, don’t respond to Botox treatments.
Is Botox right for you? Most definitely. Botox has been proven safe for most people, especially those wanting to eliminate dynamic wrinkles, or wrinkles caused by the contraction of underlying muscles, like frown lines and crow’s feet. Botox works best on younger patients, and it’s recommended for people between the ages of 18 and 70. Older people’s skin might not be elastic enough to respond to treatment.
Since Botox works by weakening facial muscles, full results are generally seen within five to seven days. You’ll see deep dynamic wrinkles gradually improve over time, in addition to the early effects seen shortly after treatment. Your results will continue to improve, until about two weeks after the procedure. You’ll then be looking your best. Botox’s effects will gradually wear off over the next four to six months. Then you’ll need to have another treatment done.
And there’s even more good news! When used early on in the aging process, Botox not only treats wrinkles but also prevents new wrinkles from forming. Botox is most effective on wrinkles that haven’t quite set in and reduces the onset of wrinkles before they become moderate or severe. By combining a Botox regimen with good skincare, sunscreen, and a healthy lifestyle, you can prevent most wrinkles from getting worse and prevent new ones from forming.
How You Can Avoid Bruising
Now that we’ve explained Juvéderm, Juvéderm Voluma XC, and Botox to you, we can tell you what you can do to reduce any kind of bruising or swelling! In fact, there’s a lot you can do to reduce complications. We’ve got some tips on what you can do before, during, and after treatment.
- You should discontinue medications and/or supplements that thin your blood seven days before treatment. These medications and supplements include aspirin, Excedrin, ibuprofen, St. John ’s wort, vitamin C, and ginseng. If you need any pain medication, Tylenol is safe to use.
- Refrain from drinking alcohol one to two days prior to treatment.
- Stop eating garlic one to two days before treatment.
- Try taking arnica one day before your injections. You can find this supplement in most drug and health food stores.
- If you’ve ever had a cold sore around the mouth or near the injection site, make sure to get a prescription for Valtrex or another anti-viral medication to prevent an outbreak.
- Make sure your doctor applies a numbing cream 20 to 30 minutes before starting the injections. This will not only help to ease any discomfort but also help to prevent bruising. This is because a lot of anesthetic creams constrict blood vessels slightly, making bruising less likely to occur.
- Your doctor’s technique should be gentle. This will help with bruising.
- If your doctor sees a spot starting to bleed during the injection, they should immediately apply pressure and ice the area for a few minutes to help minimize bruising.
- Luckily, most experienced doctors will be able to tell you after your treatment if they think you’ll experience a lot of bruising. So don’t be afraid to ask!
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours after your treatment.
- Don’t exercise for up to 48 hours after receiving injections.
- Stay out of the sun and no excessive heat until any initial swelling and redness have gone away.
- Don’t squeeze or massage the treated areas for several hours after your injections. This could disrupt the results.
- Always use sunscreen.
- Don’t take any aspirin, Excedrin, ibuprofen, Aleve or Advil for two days after treatment. Tylenol is fine, though.
- If you experience swelling or redness, apply cold compresses to the treated area for five to ten minutes every hour.
- If you do get some bruising, try to find a good makeup to cover it up. Your doctor may also be able to administer a pulse dye laser, which can speed up healing time.
If you follow these steps, you’ll be significantly less likely to experience bruising or swelling.
LaserAway For All Of Your Aesthetic Needs
LaserAway is proud to offer the most medical spa service options of any national skincare provider. LaserAway hires only the most highly trained staff experienced and certified in administering laser and other dermatological procedures. What’s more, LaserAway uses only innovative techniques and cutting-edge laser technology. LaserAway aims to make your medical spa experience comfortable, enjoyable and satisfying. Want to learn more about Juvéderm? Juvéderm Voluma XC? Botox? Then schedule a free, no-obligation consultation today by emailing LaserAway.com or calling the staff at LaserAway at (888) 965-2737.
LaserAway looks forward to helping you turn back the clock!