If you’re 40, but want to freshen your appearance and peel off a few years, there are loads of affordable, non-invasive med spa procedures to choose from! We’re here to give you the lowdown on how to care for your skin during your 40s, and which med spa procedures can really help to turn back the clock.
Caring for Your Skin in Your 40s
If you’re 40, you’ve probably noticed some changes in your skin over the years. It’s not uncommon for women in their late 30s and early 40s to have fine lines and wrinkles, dull skin, broken blood vessels, and age spots. During this time, your hormones start to change, resulting in less firmness, elasticity, and moisture.
But luckily, it’s possible to have vibrant skin at any age, as long as you properly care for your skin. We recommend the following tips to help your skin look its best:
- Gentle skincare products. You should steer clear of fragranced soaps and toners that contain alcohol since they can leave skin feeling irritated and dry. Instead, you should use mild, unscented skincare products.
- Retinoid creams. Anti-aging products containing retinoid or AHA can give you a younger looking appearance since they not only help to sloth away dead skin cells but also aid in skin regeneration. You should also look for skincare products with added antioxidants since they help repair and prevent further skin damage.
- Moisturize! Because natural oil production diminishes in your 40s, it’s essential that you moisturize your skin daily – both morning and night.
- Exfoliate! You’ll want to exfoliate your skin twice a week using a facial scrub specially formulated for sensitive skin. Regular exfoliation helps to sloth away dead skin cells, brightening up your complexion and reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Did you know that UV rays from the sun accelerate skin aging? So you should wear an SPF 30+ every single day, rain or shine. Apply it to your face, neck, and body whenever you are going outside.
- Don’t smoke! Tobacco smoke contains chemicals that accelerate aging, resulting in a dry complexion, loss of skin firmness, and premature lines and wrinkles. So if you’re a smoker, you should switch over to NRT products.
Serious About Turning Back the Clock? Check Out These Med Spa Treatments!
If you’re serious about turning back the clock, then you should follow the above tips in addition to seeking out a few med spa treatments. Here are our top choices:
Botox is a prescription medication that improves moderate to severe frown lines, forehead furrows, smoker’s lines, and crow’s feet. Botox is a great alternative to invasive cosmetic procedures because it’s quick, painless, and rarely causes side effects.
Clear + Brilliant
Clear + Brilliant uses fractional laser technology to fight the early effects of aging, leaving skin with a more youthful appearance. Clear + Brilliant is clinically prove to reduce pore size, give skin a youthful glow, even out skin tone, and correct pigmentation problems.
Juvéderm is a dermal filler that instantly banishes wrinkles around the mouth and nose. With just one simple treatment, you’ll get natural-looking results that last up to one year.
Juvéderm produces immediate results, and these results continue to improve for one to two weeks as Juvéderm softens and draws moisture into the area. And you can expect these results to last up to 12 months.
Let LaserAway Help You Say Goodbye to 40 — and Hello to 35!
Feel young at heart? Then look it – come to LaserAway.
LaserAway is proud to offer the most medical spa service options of any national skincare provider. LaserAway hires only the most highly trained staff experienced and certified in administering laser and other dermatological procedures. What’s more, LaserAway uses only innovative techniques and cutting-edge laser technology. LaserAway aims to make your medical spa experience comfortable, enjoyable and satisfying. Want to learn more about Botox? Clear + Brilliant? Juvéderm? Then schedule a free, no-obligation consultation today by emailing LaserAway.com or calling the staff at LaserAway at (888) 965-2737.