Short answer? No.
This is because pore size, for the most part, is genetically determined.
But while you can’t physically shrink your pores, you can make them appear smaller and less noticeable. We’re here to give you the lowdown on everything you need to know about pores and pore size, including how to make your pores appear smaller!
What Causes Large Pores?
The two major factors that contribute to large pores are genetics and age. Women who have naturally thick and oily skin tend to have larger pores, and they are also predisposed to getting blackheads, which cause pores to expand. What’s more, as women get older, sun damage and decreased skin elasticity cause pores to dilate, making them appear larger than they actually are. Women might also experience enlarged pores more often during hormonal changes, particularly during menstruation.
While you can’t physically change the structure of your pores by making them smaller, there are a number of things you can do to minimize their appearance. This includes:
- Cleansing the pores of debris, excess oil, and bacteria will significantly reduce their prominence. This can be achieved by using a low-strength topical medication or face wash containing retinol or vitamin C. These antioxidants help the skin increase collagen and elastin production while simultaneously loosening dirt and oil from the pores.
- Exfoliating is also key. Exfoliating on a regular basis will diminish the appearance of enlarged pores. If you are routinely getting rid of dead skin cells, which get clogged in your pores, off of your skin, your pores will avoid getting stretched out daily.
- Creams containing retinols. Retinols are derived from Vitamin A and can be found in over-the-counter products. They are an inexpensive way to temporarily diminish the size of your pores.
- Clay masks. Masks containing Kaolin clay are great for reducing the size of pores. Clay masks draw out water and oil from your skin, temporarily giving your skin a nice tightening sensation and refined texture, which means that your pores will appear smaller. You only need to use them once or twice a week for noticeable results.
- Facial toners. Toners like witch hazel remove oil and fluid from the pores and top layers of the skin, helping to refine and tone skin texture. While these results are temporary, they will help make your pores appear smaller.
Want to Significantly Reduce Pore Size? Then Check Out These Med Spa Procedures!
If you’re looking for a more permanent and dramatic solution to reducing the size of large pores, you should check out these two med spa procedures – IPL Photo Facials and Clear + Brilliant. Both of these treatments are non-invasive and are safe and effective on all skin types and tones. Best of all, they help to diminish the appearance of large pores!
IPL Photo Facials
Shrink your pores with IPL photo facials.
IPL photo facials work by using a broad-spectrum light source that penetrates multiple layers of skin. This type of photo facial primarily targets the lower layers of skin while leaving the top layers of skin unaffected. The heat generated from the light promotes healing of the skin within, treating a number of different dermatological issues. IPL photo facials specifically minimize the appearance of large pores by tightening them.
If you want to dramatically diminish your pore size, you must be diligent about scheduling treatment sessions. IPL photo facial treatments call for five treatment sessions spaced three weeks apart to obtain desired results. In some cases, those results can be seen after only the first treatment! And skin continues to improve with each successive treatment.
Clear + Brilliant
Or you can try Clear + Brilliant to reduce the size of your pores.
Clear + Brilliant rejuvenates the skin from the inside out using a non-invasive dioxide laser. Its non-invasive laser technology gently resurfaces the top layer of the dermis by creating millions of microscopic treatment zones in the skin. Sounds complicated, right? But it’s really just about replacing damaged skin with healthy, younger-looking tissue. The result? Smoother, softer and youthful-looking skin – and most importantly – significantly reduced pore size.
Clear + Brilliant is clinically proven to significantly reduce the appearance of large pores. Almost all patients who undergo Clear + Brilliant treatments report their skin looks younger and feels smoother. What’s more, their skin achieves a noticeable glow after a series of three to five Clear + Brilliant treatments. This glow owes to the fact that Clear + Brilliant significantly helps refresh skin tone and refine skin texture by shrinking down pore size – indeed, many patients see a significant difference in the appearance of their skin after only one treatment. Within as little as a week, patients notice brighter, softer, more refined and more youthful skin texture.
Say Goodbye to Unsightly Pores with LaserAway
LaserAway is proud to offer the most medical spa service options of any national skincare provider. LaserAway hires only the most highly trained staff experienced and certified in administering laser and other dermatological procedures. What’s more, LaserAway uses only innovative techniques and cutting-edge laser technology. LaserAway aims to make your medical spa experience comfortable, enjoyable and satisfying. Want to learn more about IPL Photo Facials? Clear + Brilliant? Then schedule a free, no-obligation consultation today by emailing LaserAway.com or calling the staff at LaserAway at (888) 965-2737.