With summer nearly here, chances are you’ll want to get some sun. But as you’ve heard a thousand times before, sun overexposure ages you and increases your risk of skin cancer.
Luckily, protecting yourself from the sun’s harmful rays is easy. All you need is to do is slap on sunblock that has a sun protection factor (SPF) of 15 or higher, making sure you get all exposed areas of your face and body.
Sunblock can be greasy and leave white residue. But these 10 sunscreens vanish when you put them on without sacrificing strong protection. They are:
- L’Oreal Paris Advanced Suncare Invisible Protect Clear Cool Lotion SPF 50+. This sunscreen goes on clean and doesn’t leave a white chalky residue.
- Coppertone Continuous Spray SPF 50. This non-greasy, broad-spectrum, and water-resistant formula comes as a handy spray reaching hard-to-reach places.
- Tarte TarteGuard 30 Sunscreen Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 30. This sunscreen is chemical-free. It protects your skin with all-natural titanium dioxide and zinc oxide.
- Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Sunscreen Stick SPF 50. This sunscreen stick is great for applying to your face and small areas, or for a quick touch up.
- Neutrogena CoolDry Sport Sunscreen Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 30. This ultra-clean formula is ideal for working out, since it wicks away sweat and repels water.
- Kiehl’s Activated Sun Protector Water-Light Lotion for Face & Body SPF 30. This formula is noncomedogenic, as well free of fragrance and parabens. It’s a good choice if your skin’s sensitive.
- Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Featherweight Moisturizer with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15. This moisturizing lotion fights dehydration and other signs of aging without leaving a greasy residue or clogging pores.
- Hang Ten Classic Sport Natural Sunscreen UVA/UVB Protection Broad Spectrum SPF 30. This sunblock is free of paraben, oxybenzone, retinyl, and palmitate. It’s also not greasy. And it leaves on your skin a light coconut scent.
- Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion SPF 50+ WetForce. This sunscreen contains WetForce technology, which forms a water-repellent film on your skin to help keep you protected.
- Clarins’ Sunscreen Care Oil Spray SPF 30. This oil spray is water and sweat resistant, and it protects and hydrates both your skin and hair.
How to Wear It When You Bare It — 6 Sensible Sunscreen Application Tips
Here are some tips on applying your favorite sunscreen:
- Apply sunscreen 30 minutes before sun exposure. This way your skin absorbs the active ingredients. Reapply sunscreen liberally every two hours.
- If you’re applying sunscreen to your face, make sure to remember that sunscreen goes on after you moisturize or treat your skin, but before you put on makeup. If you don’t wear makeup, sunscreen should be the last thing you put on your skin.
- Mix your sunscreen with your moisturizer or foundation if you like — but only if it’s SPF 15 or higher.
- Choose sunscreens that provide both UVA and UVB protection. Ensure that they are water-resistant, and the higher the SPF, the better.
- Avoid sun exposure between 10 am and 4 pm. This is the part of the day when UV rays are strongest.
- Keep sunscreen and lip balm in your car, purse, and other handy places. you never know when you’ll need them.
Make LaserAway a Part of Your Beauty Solution
Need a little help looking your hottest? Check out Clear + Brilliant, an innovative, noninvasive procedure that fights early signs of aging and beautifies your skin.
LaserAway’s the perfect place to get your Clear + Brilliant treatment. We pride ourselves on providing the best customer service. We hire only highly trained staff experienced and certified in laser and other procedures. Want to learn more about what Clear + Brilliant can do for you? Schedule a free, no-obligation consultation today by emailing LaserAway.net or calling our staff at (888) 965-2737.