Women everywhere desire fuller lips like Scarlett Johansson’s, but not all of us are born so lucky.
But here’s 7 ways to make your lips look fuller instantly:
- Exfoliate your lips. Sometimes lips become dried out and flaky, which can make them appear smaller. Try exfoliating your lips with a toothbrush — simply dampen the toothbrush and brush your lips gently. This technique also increases circulation to your lips, making them temporarily look fuller.
- Apply concealer before putting on your lipstick. Concealer acts like a canvas for your lips, making your lips appear larger. Plus it enables your lipstick to go on closer to the color on the tube.
- Coat the middle of your lips with lipgloss. First apply your lipstick, and then choose a clear lipgloss or a shade close to your lipstick, and apply it right in the middle of your lips. The shimmery product picks up light, giving your lips the illusion of being fuller.
- Use lip liner. Use a lip liner that matches your lipstick, and trace it around the perimeter of your lips. Then apply your lipstick. You’ll instantly achieve a fuller look. For an even bolder look, use concealer to hide your lip line after applying lip liner.
- Say no to dark colored lipsticks. Dark lipsticks make your lips look smaller than they actually are. Instead opt for lighter ones, which automatically make your lips look fuller and plumper. Choose shimmery shades that give the illusion of fullness.
- Use two different shades of lip color. You’ll want to apply the lighter shade in the middle of your lips, and then layer the other shade on top. This technique will help to even your lips out, making them appear fuller.
- Line the outside of your lips with concealer after applying lipstick. This will make your lipstick pop, and give the illusion of fuller lips.
Want Even Greater Pucker Power?
Unfortunately, as you get older, your lips start to thin out. This is because the older you get, the less collagen you produce. And collagen, a protein that supports the body’s soft tissue, is what gives lips their pleasing plumpness. If you want to achieve luscious lips, here’s a few tips:
Skim lip products. Always check the ingredients you’re putting on your lips. To protect from sun damage, it’s recommended that you choose a lip balm with an SPF of 30 or higher. Avoid parabens and fragrances, which can be irritating to lips. If your lips are super chapped, you should avoid camphor and menthol, both of which can dry out your lips. Instead, look for ingredients like glycerin, mineral oil, aloe, lactic acid, lanolin, beeswax, and sorbitol. These ingredients are ultra-moisturizing!
- Don’t smoke. Studies have linked smoking with premature skin aging. Smoking accelerates skin cell damage and collagen loss, which leads to wrinkles.
- Don’t lick your lips! Licking your lips only further dries them out. Saliva also contains acids that help break down food, and those acids can irritate lip skin. Another common mistake is scrubbing, peeling, or biting off skin flakes. Picking at lip skin can lead to bleeding and severe discomfort.
- Drink more water! Drinking enough water – at least 8 cups a day – will keep the body, skin and lips hydrated.
- Beware of matte lipsticks. Matte lipsticks can be extremely drying. That’s why you should use them sparingly when your lips are extremely chapped. Instead, alternate use of them with hydrating lipsticks or add a layer of moisturizing lip balm underneath.
- Take a multivitamin/mineral that includes vitamins A, B2, C, E, and iron, as well as essential fatty acids. Deficiencies in any of these can cause scaling and cracking in the corners of lips. Make sure your diet includes vitamin A-rich foods like carrots, tomatoes, green leafy vegetables, whole grains, and legumes.
- Use natural lip and skincare products. Allergic reactions to cosmetics and skincare products are common, and can dry out lips further by interfering with the skin’s natural lubrication process.
Need a Little Help Achieving Fuller Lips?
Then schedule a free, no obligation consultation today by emailing LaserAway.net or calling the staff at LaserAway at (888) 965-2737.