Have you ever stumbled upon an old picture of yourself and wished you could recapture your former youth? You’re not alone. Most people wouldn’t mind making a few changes to their appearance. Looking youthful and feeling self-confident can make a big difference in how people perceive you, and it can alter the way you view yourself. So why not put your best face forward?
Happily, you can easily build confidence by establishing healthier habits and undergoing some simple and affordable med spa procedures. The Caspar-Star Tribune offers some lifestyle changes you can make right now to wake up to a better you.
- Get at least eight hours of sleep each night. Lack of sleep saps your glow, instantly aging you. If your skin is aging due to lack of sleep, improving your sleep habits will definitely give it a boost of youth. If you wake up in the middle of the night and can’t fall back asleep, do something that bores you, such as reading your least favorite section of the newspaper.
- Develop a positive attitude. Negativity can make you look and feel old. In fact, research shows that how you perceive aging affects how long you will live. A recent study showed that people with more positive perceptions of their own aging lived an average of 7.5 years longer! Now there’s a reason to turn that frown upside down.
- Chow down on healthy foods rich in antioxidants. Fruits and vegetables high in flavonoids and carotenoids, two powerful plant-based antioxidants, help remove the free radicals from your skin and body that cause premature aging. Some super foods you should be eating more of include blueberries, beans, raw almonds, avocados, and kale.
- Drink eight glasses of water per day. One of the many benefits of drinking water is softer, moister skin. Water also helps to flush out dangerous toxins from the body. Loss of hydration in the skin shows in all sorts of ways–dryness, tightness, and flakiness being only a few. Dry skin has less resilience and is more prone to wrinkling—so be young and drink up!
- Exercise regularly. The secret to living a better, longer life is as simple as lacing up your sneakers and hitting the gym. In fact, a significant amount of research has shown that working out can help your brain, bones, heart, and skin look and act younger. Walking is a gentle and fun way to keep your blood flowing without creating stress on your joints.
In addition to making key lifestyle changes, more Americans are also using the newest med spa treatments to help turn back their clocks. Botox, Restylane, and Juvederm are all the rage. You can shave a decade off your looks with these treatments and more:
- Photo facials use light pulses to repair sun damaged skin. It’s a painless procedure that can also reverse other skin conditions—such as deep lines, enlarged pores, age and sun spots, acne scars and rosacea.
- Injectable skin fillers are one of the most popular cosmetic procedures. They increase your skin’s volume while reducing the appearance of wrinkles. Skin fillers ensure your face will look rejuvenated and fresh without surgery.
- Botox is one of the most common injectable skin fillers. It stops your facial muscles from making involuntary contractions. This filler minimizes lines around the forehead, eyes and mouth, and one treatment typically lasts three to four months.
Interested in looking ten years younger? LaserAway can help. We aim to make your medical spa experience comfortable, enjoyable and satisfying. Schedule a free, no obligation consultation today by emailing LaserAway.net or calling the staff at LaserAway at (888) 965-2737. We look forward to helping you look years younger.