You can either have your laser hair removal done professionally, or you can do yourself with a home intense pulsed light (IPL) machine. This is a choice you shouldn’t make lightly. Here are 9 things you should consider when making it:
- Professional laser hair removal technologies suit nearly all hair types and skin tones. Though at-home IPL devices are referred to as laser hair removal, they use different technology. Most IPL hair reduction machines are not suitable for darker skin tones. If you have darker skin, you’re better off with professional laser hair removal. Also, you and your technician can decide which laser technology is best for you during your initial consultation.
- When you undergo professional laser hair removal, you’re in good hands from start to finish. Your technician will consult with you before your treatment to ensure you’re a good candidate. Together, you’ll review your medical history, expected results, skin type, and pre- and post-treatment care. When you use a DIY laser hair removal machine, you’re responsible for being fully educated and informed about it beforehand. And you have to check your medical history against warnings and contraindications, the suitability of your skin type and hair color, as well as proper pre- and post-treatment care.
- Your technician helps to ensure greatest laser hair removal effectiveness by recommending treatment options that are designed for your skin type and tone. Most DIY laser hair removal machines aren’t suitable for darker skin tones. For this reason they can lead to a variety of complications. It’s left to you to choose a device that will give you safe, comfortable, and effective treatments.
- Professional laser hair removal is a lot easier and faster than at-home laser hair removal. A trained professional performs your treatment, making sure all areas are covered. All you have to do is sit back and relax. With DIY laser hair removal, some areas — the back of your legs, your butt, back, and shoulders — are difficult to reach. It can easily get uncomfortable, as well as quite time-consuming.
- A reputable clinic will adhere to all the legal training and safety requirements. During your initial consultation your technician will assess any potential risks or hazards. DIY laser hair removal machines can be dangerous, especially if you’re unfamiliar with them. You may end up using the wrong machine for your skin tone.
- Professional hair removal is quick and convenient. Large areas take up to an hour. Smaller areas take less time. At-home laser hair removal is way more time-consuming.
- Professional laser hair removal practically guarantees results after just a few sessions. It usually takes between six and eight sessions to achieve optimal results. You will also need to undergo maintenance treatments every year or two. With at-home laser hair removal, you may see results after three months — if you even see any at all. There’s no magic number when it comes to DIY laser hair removal.
- With professional laser hair removal, most clients see permanent hair reduction of up to 90% after three to seven sessions. At-home laser hair removal machines can’t promise similar results.
- Professional laser hair removal is more cost-effective than you might think. A DIY laser hair removal treatment may be cheaper than a single professional session, but the machine itself may cost up to $400. And when you factor in the additional costs that may follow from greater risk, at-home laser hair removal just doesn’t seem worth it.
LaserAway Is Your Professional Laser Hair Removal Source
Professional laser hair removal promises smooth, hair-free skin after a few sessions. And it trumps the inconvenience of waxing, epilating, and shaving.
Offering the most service options of any national skincare provider, LaserAway uses only innovative techniques and cutting-edge laser technology. And our highly trained staff is experienced and certified in laser and other dermatological procedures. They aim to make your medical spa experience comfortable, enjoyable, and satisfying.
Want to learn more about laser hair removal?
Schedule a free, no-obligation consultation today by emailing LaserAway.com or calling us at (888) 965-2737. With LaserAway away as your beauty partner, you’re sure to be your smoothest, most luminous best.