Abclocal.go.com reports that the Houston Tattoo Removal Clinic in Houston, Texas has seen an increase in clients wanting to remove their facial tattoos. Why? The Houston Clinic surmises that as individuals with facial tattoos get older, they regret these unsightly marks. This is usually because they need to get the tattoos removed to secure a job or enlist in the military. Laser tattoo removal is really the only option to get facial tattoos permanently and safely removed.
But why would anyone want to get a facial tattoo to begin with? Facial tattoos are believed to have grown out of the gang culture in California. They then spread to prisons, jails and into popular culture. Yet surprisingly facial tattoos are not something new. They existed in the 1950s, when men were heavily tattooed all over their bodies. And let’s not forget the facial tattoos of the indigenous peoples of Polynesia.
Facial Tattoo? Or Scarlet Letter?
But facial tattoos usually stigmatize the bearer. They contain anti-social elements. As we all know, though, visible tattoos, especially on the face, can create a bad first impression. According to the Food and Drug Administration, as many as 45 million Americans have tattoos, although the face is the least frequently tattooed body part. As many as 50 percent of adults older than 40 seek out tattoo removal, because they feel as though it interferes with their professional life.
Liberation Through Lasers
How does laser tattoo removal work exactly? And are the results guaranteed? If you haven’t heard this before, laser tattoo removal works by targeting pigment colors in the skin’s dermis. Light beams radiated by the laser are absorbed by tattoo pigments, which then fragment. The body then absorbs and eliminates the pigment fragments. Because each tattoo is unique, removal techniques, including the type of laser used, must be tailored to your specific needs. Some tattoo inks are particularly stubborn to remove, though, such as greens, yellows and fluorescent inks. Tattoo inks also sometimes contain chemicals like iron oxide or titanium dioxide, which makes it even more difficult for laser beams to “explode” color pigments. Other factors that affect your laser tattoo removal results include:
- Skin tone: Lighter skin tones tend to have a higher success rate, although most skin tones are treatable.
- Ink Quality: There are countless types of inks available on the market, all of which respond differently to laser tattoo removal. For example, professional inks used by tattoo artists usually require more removal treatments than amateur inks.
- Ink Color: Ink colors like dark blue, black, and red tend to respond faster to treatments, whereas lighter colors such as white, green, light blues and pinks require additional sessions.
- Tattoo Ink Depth: How deep tattoo ink is deposited in your skin greatly affects the number of sessions you’ll need. If a tattoo has also been covered up by another tattoo that too will affect your general outcome.
- Immune System: Each person’s immune system and its natural ability to absorb ink will vary in terms of the rate at which it will break down pigment.
Even with these factors taken into consideration, the latest advancements in laser tattoo removal technologies, like the Nd:YAG and Q-switch lasers, can now effectively and safely treat even the most stubborn tattoo inks. You should keep in mind, however, that how fast your tattoo disappears depends on its color pigment, depth, and age. But even the most stubborn cases aren’t hopeless.
Do you have an unsightly facial tattoo you’d like to remove? Then visit your local LaserAway. We’re proud to offer the most medical spa service options of any national skincare provider. LaserAway hires only the most highly-trained staff experienced and certified in administering laser and other dermatological procedures. What’s more, we use the most innovative techniques and cutting-edge laser technology. LaserAway aims to make your laser tattoo removal experience comfortable, enjoyable and satisfying. If you want to set up a free, no obligation consultation, please email the LaserAway staff at LaserAway.net or call us at (888) 965-2737. LaserAway looks forward to uncovering a new you through laser tattoo removal.