Hair is desirable on top of your head, but it can be irritating, and even downright embarrassing on other parts of the body. Laser hair removal is an effective method to get rid of unwanted hair on the face as well as the body. These treatments are more expensive in the short-term compared with conventional at-home methods, but the results can be permanent. This decision should not be taken lightly, but here are five reasons to consider when determining whether this is the right treatment for you:
1. You have distinguishing facial hair, but you’re not a man. The fact is that everyone has hair on their faces, but dark-colored strands make facial hair in women more prevalent. The good news is that laser removal is often more effective for dark hair than lighter colored strands. If you have excessive hair on your face, then this might be related to hormonal problems or a genetic condition—dermatologists often recommend this treatment as a viable solution.
2. You are tired of shaving or waxing. These methods are cheap in the short-term, but the results are only temporary. Depending on the rate of your hair growth, the effects of shaving can last for mere hours, while time spent on waxing can only leave you with a few days’ worth of results. At-home hair removal takes time and money – how much do you spend on razors, shaving cream, waxing services, etc?
3. You don’t want hair to interfere with your life. Special occasions, vacations and dates can sometimes arise without warning. This leaves you with little time to prepare, let alone mess with facial or body hair. With laser hair removal, you do not have to worry about this chore.
4. You want to be more comfortable with your partner. Let’s face it: smooth skin is attractive, and soft, touchable skin is even more desirable for cuddling with your loved one. Permanent hair removal helps you achieve touchable skin without having to mess with shaving or waxing at the last minute.
5. You are prone to ingrown hairs and irritation. At-home hair removal methods often cause irritation due to abundant dead skin cells, chemicals, or your overall sensitivity levels. The side effects of laser removal are generally mild and temporary, and most patients find less irritation with this method compared with shaving and waxing. The long-term effect is smooth, non-irritated skin.
LaserAway is Californa’s leader in laser hair removal and laser tattoo removal with 12 locations throughout Santa Monica, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco and San Jose.