Red lipstick has always been all the rage, and for good reason too.
It practically flatters any type of skin tone. Plus, red lipstick always looks classy. That being said, there is a right way to wear red lipstick–and many wrong ways!
We’re here to give you some expert tips on how to properly wear red lipstick.
10 Must-Read Tips for Wearing Your Red Lipstick the Right Way
Wear red lipstick the right way, and you’ll scream classiness and sophistication. Wear it the wrong way, and you’ll look like a clown.
Follow these tips to look elegant:
- Outdoors or indoors? Lighting is very important to consider as it can change the way red lipstick looks on you. If you’re going to be outdoors, then pick a softer or sheerer shade of red. And go bolder in the evening so your features stand out more.
- Have thin lips? Then avoid deep red shades since they tend to make lips look smaller.
- Find the right shade. You should try on loads of different shades of red lipstick to find the one that works for you. Women with fair skin should stick with true reds, medium-skinned women look best in pinkish or orangey reds, and dark skinned women should stick with darker shades, including wine-colored hues of red.
- Choose the right outfit. When worn the wrong way, red lipstick can look trashy. Red lipstick looks best with solid black dresses, most evening gowns, and leopard accent scarves. But don’t overdo animal print with red lipstick.
- Say no to smoky eyes. If you’re wearing red lipstick, then you should stick with the lightest possible eye makeup.
- Want to prevent bleeding? Then apply a little concealer around the border of your mouth.
- Make sure red lipstick doesn’t get on your teeth. To prevent this, blot your lips and insert a clean finger into your mouth. Close your lips around it, and pull the finger out.
- Whiten your teeth. Red lipstick doesn’t look pretty on yellow-stained teeth, so you should try to whiten your teeth regularly. Flashing a white smile with red lipstick is gorgeous and bold.
- Avoid red lip liner. If lip liner doesn’t match your lipstick perfectly, you’ll end up with a two-tone effect.
- Have a shade of red lipstick that doesn’t work? Don’t toss it! Instead, top it with gold gloss to soften it, or pink gloss to make it bluer.
Want Full, Luscious Lips? Check out Juvéderm
Have thin, aging lips? Juvéderm can change that! Juvéderm is the only hyaluronic acid filler clinically proven to last up to a year in the lips with a single treatment. It’s designed to produce less swelling compared to other lip fillers, so lip enhancements look natural.
Juvéderm Will Make Your Lips Lush and Beautiful
Juvéderm is comprised of a smooth hyaluronic acid gel that, when injected into the lips, restores fullness. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring molecule found in the human body, and its primary function is to bind and absorb water, creating volume in the face. During the natural aging process, hyaluronic acid found in the body diminishes. The result? Those thinning, aging lips. Juvéderm corrects this by restoring hyaluronic acid in the skin, helping to diminish the appearance of thin, wrinkling lips.
Juvéderm leaves other dermal fillers in the dust. It’s far superior in both consistency and results. A dermal filler like Restylane typically lasts six to nine months. In comparison, Juvéderm often lasts up to 12 months! It looks more natural too because it’s a smoother compound than Restylane. Juvéderm also boasts a higher concentration of the active product hyaluronic acid, which produces smoother, more natural looking results that last longer. And if that weren’t enough, Juvéderm is the first FDA-approved hyaluronic acid dermal filler that has proven its safety and effectiveness in persons of color. Clinical studies using Juvéderm showed no increased risk of hyperpigmentation or hypertrophic scarring in darker skin tones, meaning Juvéderm is right for almost everyone!
Can Juvéderm Improve Your Looks?
Most likely. Juvéderm is safe and effective on pretty much all skin types and tones. It’s an especially good choice for people who have tried collagen injections in the past but didn’t get the results they wanted. Indeed, Juvéderm has many uses. It’s great for facial contouring and can improve the appearance of scars. Most importantly, it can also enhance the size and shape of lips!
You should avoid Juvéderm injections if you’re allergic to injected local aesthetics, are nursing or pregnant, or taking antibiotics, heart medication and other drugs.
Juvéderm lets you continue to lead an active life. It requires no downtime. That being said, you can expect to experience mild swelling and bruising. But even this normally fades after a few days. Although Juvéderm is generally well tolerated by most people, some side effects may still occur. You might experience redness, pain or tenderness, unusual firmness, swelling, lumps, bruising, itching, infection and discoloration at the injection site.
Expect Results with this Innovative Treatment
Juvéderm produces immediate results, and these results continue to improve for one to two weeks as Juvéderm softens and draws moisture into the area. And you can expect these results to last up to 12 months. In fact, Juvéderm is proud to be the only FDA-approved hyaluronic acid filler to last up to one year with only one treatment.
Get Luscious Lips with LaserAway
LaserAway is proud to offer the most medical spa service options of any national skincare provider. LaserAway hires only the most highly trained staff experienced and certified in administering laser and other dermatological procedures. What’s more, LaserAway uses only innovative techniques and cutting-edge laser technology. LaserAway aims to make your medical spa experience comfortable, enjoyable and satisfying. Want to learn more about Juvéderm? Then schedule a free, no obligation consultation today by emailing LaserAway.net or calling the staff at LaserAway at (888) 965-2737. LaserAway looks forward to helping you turn back the clock with Juvéderm.