How do I prepare for a Potenza™ RF Microneedling treatment?
What to do before Potenza™ RF Microneedling treatments
Ready to give your skin a total refresh? Potenza™ RF Microneedling may be the treatment you’ve been looking for! This cutting-edge treatment can help tackle common issues like uneven skin texture, fine lines and wrinkles, acne scars, sun damage, and more. Plus, it’s safe and effective on all skin types.
Thinking about scheduling your first Potenza™ RF Microneedling treatment? Here’s a detailed guide on how to prepare for your first appointment.
Two weeks before your treatment…
- Avoid Sun Exposure and Tanning: It’s essential to avoid prolonged direct sun exposure and tanning beds two weeks before your treatment. This also includes steering clear of spray tans and any other kind of self-tanner.
- Use Sunscreen: If you need to go outside, apply a sunscreen containing an SPF of 30 or higher. For example, LaserAway Beauty BFF SPF 30+ Broad Spectrum Sunscreen Face & Body can be an excellent choice.
- Wear Protective Clothing: When outdoors, make sure to wear barrier protection like wide-brimmed hats, large sunglasses, and protective clothing.
Three days before your treatment…
- Discontinue Irritating Skincare Products: Three days before your Potenza™ RF Microneedling treatment, you should stop using skincare products that irritate your skin. This includes harsh soaps, medicated washes, scrubs, retinols, and peels. In case you forget, we have makeup remover wipes available at all of our locations!
- Moisturize and Hydrate: Use a gentle lotion, such as LaserAway Beauty Drenched Peptide Enriched Moisturizer, to keep your skin hydrated. Also, drinking plenty of water is crucial during this period.
The day before your treatment…
- Shaving the Treatment Area: If the area to be treated has dense, coarse hair, shave it in the direction the hair grows using a new, clean razor. Use a moisturizing shaving cream to reduce irritation (or better yet, consider laser hair removal).
The day of your treatment…
- Clean the Treatment Area: Remove any products from the area that’s going to be treated, including makeup, lotion, sunscreen, and spray tan.
- Remove Metal Jewelry: Take off any metal jewelry on or near the treated area to avoid any complications during the treatment.
- Cover Tattoos: If you have tattoos on or near the treatment area, cover them with a physical barrier like a bandaid. Our clinicians can help with this.
Set yourself up for success
Getting the most out of your Potenza™ RF Microneedling treatment just requires a little bit of planning. Follow the tips above to set yourself up for success, starting with your first treatment!
Want to learn more about Potenza™ RF Microneedling? Reach out to one of our treatment specialists here. All of our treatments are performed by experienced and skilled registered nurses, nurse practitioners, or physician associates, so you know you’re in good hands!