How To Maximize Laser Hair Removal Results
Laser hair removal can free you from the tedious routine of waxing and shaving. It’s the preferred way to remove hair because laser hair removal is safer and more permanent than other methods such as waxing, plucking, shaving, and electrolysis.
Laser Hair Removal Works, Period
Laser hair removal is so effective that most clients experience permanent hair loss after an average of three to five sessions!
Laser hair removal seems like magic, but the science behind it is simple. Laser hair removal uses laser light pulses that selectively destroy hair follicles by targeting the melanin in them. The follicle’s pigment absorbs the laser’s light pulse, damaging the follicle enough to significantly slow down hair regrowth. Since the lasers target melanin, coarse, dark hair and light skin combinations tend to respond best to treatment.
Don’t worry – clients with darker hair and darker skin and lighter hair and lighter skin combinations can still achieve desirable results with the Nd:YAG laser. The Nd:YAG laser has a longer wavelength and better pigment selectivity than other lasers used for hair removal, meaning that it can penetrate hair follicles more precisely, leaving the surrounding skin tissue undamaged.
Maximize Laser Hair Removal’s Benefits!
If you want to get the most out of your laser hair removal sessions, then you should follow these tips:
- Avoid tanning salons before your laser hair removal sessions. Why? Because tanning can make your skin especially sensitive to the laser energy and the laser may not be able to remove enough hair efficiently.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure before laser hair removal sessions, too. This is because prolonged sun exposure can change the color of your skin, making it more difficult for the laser to effectively remove hair.
- Similarly, avoid tanning or excessive sun exposure for two weeks after laser hair removal sessions. Failure to do so can result in poor healing of the treated areas.
- Don’t wax or tweeze your hair before a laser hair removal session.
- Use a cooling gel, high-quality moisturizer or an aloe vera-based lotion if you experience any pain or discomfort after your treatments.
Want Skin That’s Smooth as Silk?
In addition to following the above tips to maximize your laser hair removal results, you should also follow this advice if you want smooth, silky soft, and radiant skin.
- Exfoliating your body is a must! Why? Because your body sheds dead skin cells at an alarming rate. So, by exfoliating your body a few times a week, you’re able to help your skin slough away dead skin cells so it can turn over new ones. Try exfoliating with a body scrub or a dry brush. While you should exfoliate your entire body, you should especially concentrate longer on areas that are prone to dry skin, such as your knees and elbows.
- Always wear sunblock on exposed areas of your body. This helps to prevent accelerated aging and keeps skin discoloration at bay. Even if it’s cloudy outside, you still need a broad spectrum, high SPF sunblock.
- Don’t shower in hot water. While taking hot showers is super-pleasurable, they’re actually terrible for your skin. The hot water washes away skin’s protective oils, leaving it dry and itchy. So, switch to lukewarm showers instead.
- Make sure to moisturize your entire body after showering. What should you look for in a body moisturizer? Well, there are several types of moisturizers to choose from depending on your skin’s needs. Humectants, like glycerin and lactic acid, attract water and help skin retain moisture. Emollients, including fatty acids and ceramides, soften and soothe. Barrier creams, such as petrolatum and lanolin, seal in moisture.
Choose LaserAway for All Your Hair Removal Needs
LaserAway is proud to offer the most medspa service options of any national skincare provider. We hire only the most highly trained staff experienced and certified in administering laser and other dermatological procedures. What’s more, we use only innovative techniques and cutting-edge laser technology. We aim to make your medical spa experience comfortable, enjoyable and satisfying. Want to learn more about laser hair removal? Then schedule a free, no-obligation consultation today by emailing LaserAway.com or calling the staff at LaserAway at (888) 965-2737. LaserAway looks forward to making sure you never have to shave or wax again.