25 Ways You Can Reduce Wrinkles
No matter what your age, you’ve probably notice wrinkles and fine lines on your face.
No worries – wrinkles are a normal part of the aging process. Wrinkles and fine lines form when the skin loses elastin and collagen, causing skin to become thinner and drier. Elastin fibers keep skin looking and feeling young, and collagen prevents wrinkles from forming. Some people form wrinkles earlier on in life due to genetics and environmental factors, while other people are blessed with fewer wrinkles.
But just because wrinkles are natural, doesn’t mean you have to live with them.
25 Ways You Can Lessen the Appearance of Wrinkles
There are ways you can prevent or significantly reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- No sun. Did you know that sun exposure is the number one cause of wrinkles? So, you’ll want to limit the around of time you spend in the sun, and make sure to wear protective clothing. The sun’s rays are at their strongest between the hours of 10 am and 4 pm, so try to avoid going outside at that time.
- Wear sunblock. This is a no brainer! If you want to enjoy the sun, then you should apply a sunblock with an SPF 15 or higher, and make sure to reapply it every two to three hours. Sunblock will not only prevent wrinkles, it will also protect you against skin cancer.
- Quit smoking. Cigarette smoke actually breaks down collagen and elastin, which are important components of skin. Long term smoking also causes smoker’s lines and crow’s feet, so consider going on nicotine replacement therapy if you’re a smoker.
- More sleep. When you don’t get adequate sleep, your skin cells start to break down. But, if you aim for 8 to 9 hours each night, your body will produce more human growth hormone, which helps skin maintain its thickness and elasticity.
- Avoid squinting. Repetitive eye movements cause dynamic wrinkles, like crow’s feet, which eventually develop into static wrinkles, so it’s important that you wear reading glasses or sun glasses to help prevent wrinkles from forming around your eyes. Plus, sunglasses will protect your eyes from sun damage.
- Sleep on your back. Sleeping in certain positions over and over again can lead to sleep lines, or wrinkles that become etched into the surface of the skin and don’t disappear. For instance, sleeping on your stomach will give you a furrowed brow. So if you want to reduce wrinkle formation, then sleep on your back.
- Eat salmon. Fish like salmon are not only great sources of protein, but they also contain essential fatty acids, which help to nourish skin, keeping it plump and youthful.
- Did you know that soy products can help protect against sun damage? It actually improves skin’s structure and firmness. So start eating more tofu.
- Dark chocolate. Now you have a reason to indulge in chocolate. Cocoa actually contains high levels of special flavanols that protect skin from sun damage and improve circulation, making skin look and feel smoother.
- Fruits and vegetables. Fruits and vegetables contain loads of antioxidants, which fight damage caused by free radicals. The result? Skin looks younger and more radiant.
- Even just using a simple moisturizer every single day can have a huge effect on the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. This is because skin looks better, making lines and creases less noticeable.
- Don’t over-wash. Over-washing your face strips it of natural moisture and oils that protect against wrinkles. And instead of using bar soap, you should use a cleanser that contains added moisturizers
- Alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs). You should find products that contain AHAs, which are natural fruit acids that lift away the top layer of dead skin cells, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. AHAs also stimulate collagen production
- Retin A and other retinoid products reduce fine lines and wrinkles, and even repair sun damage. But you should wear sunblock while using these products because they will make your skin more sensitive to light.
- Topical vitamin C. Skincare products containing vitamin C can actually increase collagen production, protect against UVB/UVA rays, and correct pigmentation issues. But make sure to only buy products that contain L-ascorbic acid, which is the most effective form of vitamin C.
- Idebenone is similar to CoQ10, and is so effective that after two months of use most women notice a 30% reduction in their fine lines and wrinkles.
- Did you know that pentapeptides can increase collagen production, especially in skin that’s sun damaged? This helps to diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Botox, made from the neurotoxin Botulinum toxin A, treats a wide variety of dynamic wrinkles, such as smoker’s lines and crow’s feet. How? It relaxes the muscle just underneath the wrinkle, resulting in skin that’s smooth and crease-free on top.
- Wrinkle fillers. Wrinkle fillers like Juvederm treat static wrinkles. Made from hyaluronic acid, which draws moisture into wrinkles, creases, fine lines, and folds, Juvederm instantly fills them in. Best of all, results last up to one year.
- Laser resurfacing. This treatment is highly effective on wrinkles, and it works by removing the top layer of skin, stimulating collagen production. The new skin that grows back is then smoother and more wrinkle-free.
- Chemical peels. In this treatment, different chemicals are used to burn away the top layers of skin, and the resulting skin that grows back is smoother and younger-looking.
- This procedure, much like the other procedures, removes the top layers of skin, so that newer, smoother skin can grow back in its place. The result? Fewer fine lines and wrinkles.
- Multivitamins contain important vitamins and minerals that are essential for maintaining healthy, young-looking skin, like vitamins A, C, E, riboflavin, niacin, pyridoxine, and selenium. Look for multivitamins especially formulated for skin.
- Facials are an excellent way to replenish and nurture your skin. During a facial, your skin is exfoliated, your pores unclogged, and your skin rehydrated. Regular facials will help to prevent premature aging.
- Liquid facelifts. If you’re not ready for a traditional facelift, then a liquid facelift might be right for you. During a liquid facelift, wrinkle fillers are used strategically to smooth and plump fine lines, wrinkles, and folds, shaving years off your appearance.
We offer many of these wrinkle-busting treatments, including one of the most effective: Clear + Brilliant!
Clear + Brilliant: The Ultimate Wrinkle Fighter
Clear + Brilliant fights the early effects of aging, leaving skin with a more youthful appearance. But this cutting-edge skincare technology does more than combat unsightly wrinkles. It also:
- Reverses the early signs of aging
- Reduces pore size
- Gives skin a youthful glow
- Beautifies skin tone and texture
- Corrects pigmentation problems
Clear + Brilliant works its magic by revitalizing skin from the inside out. Its non-invasive laser technology gently resurfaces the top layer of the dermis by creating millions of microscopic treatment zones in the skin. Sounds complicated, right? But it’s really just about replacing damaged skin with healthy, younger-looking tissue. The result? Smoother, softer and youthful-looking skin.
The treatment itself is simple. Each Clear + Brilliant procedure takes about thirty minutes. A topical numbing agent is applied to the face forty minutes prior to the procedure. This is removed right before treatment begins. The actual laser session lasts a quick ten minutes, and most patients experience only a warm tingling or prickling sensation with little or no discomfort. To ensure proper contact with the skin and uniform application to all treated areas, Clear + Brilliant technology uses a patented intelligent Optimal Tracking System. Directly after the Clear + Brilliant laser treatment, a cooling face mask is placed on the treated area for 10 to 15 minutes to reduce any residual sensation of heat.
And that’s it! Get ready to turn back the clock with this amazing treatment.
Want to Get Rid of Unsightly Wrinkles? Then Come to LaserAway
Disappearing ugly wrinkles is our specialty. That’s right – we’ve practically discovered the fountain of youth.
And we’re proud to be the largest Clear + Brilliant provider in the United States. The medical staff at LaserAway pride themselves on being the best in the business. They’re certified in administering laser procedures and use only the most cutting edge laser technology and techniques. You’ll always feel at ease with LaserAway. So don’t hesitate to contact us. You’ve got nothing to lose – and everything to gain. If you would like to learn more about LaserAway’s medical spa services, or would like to set up a free, no obligation consultation, please email us at LaserAway.net or call us at (888) 965-2737.