Are you 35, or approaching 35? Then you should be aware that you’ll soon have new skincare needs—one that can differ quite distinctly from those you had in your 20s.
Maintaining a youthful appearance all boils down to how well you take care of yourself. And that means treating your body and your skin right. We’ve got the hottest tips on looking great at 35, and beyond.
The Lowdown on How Your Skin Ages
Luckily, if you’re in your 30s, you can still prevent a lot of premature aging. You’ve probably started to notice some fine lines here and there. Most aging in your 30s is due to environmental factors, such as smoking, sun exposure, and a poor diet. Cell turnover also begins to slow down at this time, leading to drier, duller looking skin.
Because of these skin changes, your skin-care routines should no longer consist of the basics – cleanser, toner, and moisturizer. Now is the time to make sure the products you’re using are absolutely right for your skin. It’s also a good time to add additional products to your regimen.
Essential Skincare Tips
If you want to protect your skin from premature aging, follow these skincare tips:
- To keep your skin looking and acting young, you should exfoliate a few times a week. Use an exfoliating acid to exfoliate deeper within the skin. This can help dissolve pigmented cells, refine large pores, and keep your skin looking smooth, clear, and even-toned.
- Chemical peels. You should get a light chemical peel twice a year. This will help stimulate collagen production, and minimize any fine lines you may have.
- Gentle cleansers. Instead of using harsh acne products, you should use gentle and sulfate-free cleansers that don’t strip your skin of vital oils and moisture. If you do experience some acne breakouts, spot treat them.
- Antioxidant enriched serums. Consider using serums infused with vitamins A, C, and E. Why? Because these vitamins help prevent the breakdown of collagen by reducing free radicals generated by smoking, drinking, pollution, and UV sunlight.
- Did you know that sun exposure is the number one culprit of premature skin aging? So make sure to use a sunscreen with an SPF 30 or higher for maximum protection, and use it every day, rain or shine.
- Eye creams. The eye area is the first to show signs of aging, especially between your late 20s and mid-30s. Invest in an eye cream that’s ultra-moisturizing, and make sure to use gentle patting motions when applying it around your eye area. Look for an eye cream that contains anti-aging ingredients to improve the appearance of dryness and expression lines.
- Drink water. Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated internally. Add lemon or lime juice for an extra boost.
How Your Body Ages
Your skin’s not the only thing that ages as you get older – your body does too. In your 30s, you start to experience gradual bone and muscle loss, leading to a slower metabolism and weight gain. By age 35, too, your fertility starts to drop off. You may even begin entering early perimenopause, which can cause sleep disturbances, mood swings, and anxiety.
If you want to prevent your body from prematurely aging or gaining weight, start first with diet and exercise. You should aim to do strength training three times a week, and cardio every single day for at least 30 minutes. You should also load up on plenty of these anti-aging and weight loss foods that also help to regulate your hormones and boost your mood:
- Oats are low glycemic index, meaning they don’t spike your blood sugar levels like refined breads, rice, and pasta can. Oats are also loaded with natural plant chemicals that help prevent skin cell damage.
- Oranges are loaded with water and vitamin C, an essential anti-aging vitamin that fights free radicals. As a general rule, fruits and vegetables are great for your skin and body, so aim to get at least 2.5 cups of vegetables, and 1.5 cups of fruits per day.
- Avocados are loaded with healthy fats, protein, and fiber, which not only helps you stay slim, but also keeps your skin hydrated.
- Lean beef. Lean beef contains a lot of protein, which is necessary for staying fit and trim. You should aim to eat lean beef two to three times a week. Other good sources of protein are eggs, chicken, tofu, beans, and fish.
- Brussels sprouts. Brussels sprouts contain an excellent source of the skin-friendly vitamins A and C as well as folate. Vitamin C promote collagen production, and vitamin A and folate help prevent sun damage.
- Salmon is rich in healthy omega-3 fats, which prevent premature aging and boost your mood. It’s also a great source of protein, helping you to stay slim.
- Grapes contain resveratrol, which counters inflammation and slows down the aging process.
Want to Look Your Absolute Best at 35?
If you need a little extra help looking your best, there’s three amazing med spa treatments that produce some powerful results for your body and your skin – VelaShape, Botox, and Clear + Brilliant.
Tone up with VelaShape. VelaShape is the only FDA-cleared body contouring device. It effectively and safely contours, shapes and slims the body by reducing cellulite and firming problem areas — all in as little as four treatments.
With VelaShape you can get fit and look great in no time.
That’s because VelaShape boasts four different components – radiofrequency, infrared light, vacuum suction and mechanical massage. The infrared light and radiofrequency energies allow VelaShape to precisely heat dermal and hypodermal tissue in the treatment area. This heating effect boosts fat cell metabolism and reduces the number and size of fat cells, thereby eliminating cellulite. At the same time, VelaShape’s mechanical massage rollers gently knead the area, increasing circulation, encouraging lymphatic drainage and eliminating fat cell byproducts and toxins. Finally, the vacuum suction technology smooths out dimples by stretching fibrous bands in the epidermis, reducing the appearance of cellulite. The end result of these high-tech applications is a significant reduction in body circumference and cellulite, and smoother, firmer skin.
Get a youthful glow in your 30s with Botox. Botox is a revolutionary prescription medication that improves moderate to severe frown lines, forehead furrows, smoker’s lines and crow’s feet. Botox is a great alternative to invasive cosmetic procedures. It’s quick, painless, and seldom causes side effects.
Botox is a neurotoxin and works by attaching itself to nerve endings. Once this happens, the neurotransmitter responsible for triggering muscle contractions, called acetylcholine, can’t be released. To put it more simply, Botox injections temporarily relax the facial muscles that underlie and cause wrinkles.
Botox offers real, noticeable results. Since Botox works by weakening facial muscles, full results are generally seen within five to seven days. You’ll see deep dynamic wrinkles gradually improve over time, in addition to the early effects seen shortly after treatment. Your results will continue to improve, until about two weeks after the procedure. At that time, you’ll be looking your best.
CLEAR + BRILLIANT
Clear + Brilliant will also help you look your best well into your 30s and beyond. The treatment uses revolutionary fractional laser technology to fight the early effects of aging, leaving skin with a more youthful appearance. What’s more, Clear + Brilliant is a non-invasive, non-surgical procedure, so you won’t have to endure any downtime.
Clear + Brilliant works its magic by revitalizing skin from the inside out. Its non-invasive laser technology gently resurfaces the top layer of the dermis by creating millions of microscopic treatment zones in the skin. Sounds complicated, right? But it’s really just about replacing damaged skin with healthy, younger-looking tissue. The result? Smoother, softer and youthful-looking skin.
Clear + Brilliant is clinically proven to significantly reverse early signs of aging. Almost all patients who undergo Clear + Brilliant treatments report their skin looks younger and feels smoother. What’s more, their skin achieves a noticeable glow after a series of three to five Clear + Brilliant treatments. This glow owes to the fact that Clear + Brilliant significantly helps refresh skin tone and texture – indeed, many patients see a significant difference in the appearance of their skin after only one treatment. Within as little as a week, patients notice brighter, softer and more youthful skin texture. With multiple treatments age spots, fine lines and wrinkles fade and soften.
Age Gracefully with LaserAway
LaserAway can keep the worst effects of aging at bay. We are proud to offer the most medical spa service options of any national skincare provider. We hire only the most highly trained staff experienced and certified in administering laser and other dermatological procedures. What’s more, we use only innovative techniques and cutting-edge laser technology. LaserAway aims to make your medical spa experience comfortable, enjoyable and satisfying. Want to learn more about VelaShape? Botox? Clear + Brilliant? Then schedule a free, no obligation consultation today by emailing LaserAway.net or calling the staff at LaserAway at (888) 965-2737.
LaserAway looks forward to helping you look your best no matter what your age.