Do you know about Thermage? It’s a revolutionary anti-aging treatment that revitalizes lackluster skin. And it can quite literally transform your looks.
Using radiofrequency technology, Thermage tightens nearly every part of your face and body. This includes:
Hooding, fine lines, and furrowed brows can make even younger men and women look haggard. Thermage erases these tell-tale signs of aging, transforming the upper and lower eyelids for a more youthful and rested look.
As we age, loose jowls and sagging skin creep in, making for a tired, run-down effect. Thermage fights these markers of age, smoothing lines and wrinkles and remodeling collagen for the overall health of the skin.
Crepey, sagging skin, unwanted bulges, dimples—these are the tell-tale signs of the body’s aging process. Thermage can help stop them. A non-invasive way to smooth the skin, Thermage transforms the body, even temporarily improving the appearance of cellulite.
Best of all, Thermage is non-surgical, works in just one treatment, requires little downtime, and produces natural looking results. If you’re interested in undergoing a Thermage treatment, we’re here to tell you about six things you can do to improve your Thermage experience.
But first, we’ll explain how Thermage works, as well as who might be the best candidate for Thermage.
The Science Behind Thermage
Thermage works on a few basic principles. It essentially transfers heat to the epidermis, which not only encourages collagen production, but also tightens existing collagen. Thermage effects this partly through radiofrequency technology, which produces electrical currents that causes collagen within the skin to contract and gradually reform. This is why most individuals experience dramatic tightening and smoothing of the skin over the six months following treatment. Since the outer layers of the skin are unaffected, there is almost no recovery time involved. The most amazing thing of all? Results from a single Thermage treatment tend to last up to ten years!
Compared to similar skin tightening treatments, such as mini facelifts, patients obtain superior results with Thermage—but without all the risks and downtime associated with invasive procedures. While mini facelifts require up to a week spent recovering—not to mention they carry an increased risk of complications—with Thermage, patients can resume their normal activities immediately following treatment.
Is Thermage Right For You?
The best candidates for Thermage are people with mild-to-moderate skin laxity who don’t require modification of muscle or fat underlying the skin. Ideally, they have only modest sun damage and don’t smoke.
Unfortunately, Thermage has difficulty producing superior results on people with thick layers of underlying fat or excessively loose muscles. This is because Thermage can’t remove fat deposits or tighten muscles. Thermage also can’t reverse severely drooping skin—but luckily for many patients it can correct skin that has begun to sag with age.
Keep in mind also that though Thermage can be performed almost anywhere on the face or body where loose skin is present, it can’t be applied to areas that are tattooed.
Side effects from Thermage are rare, but they can still happen. The most common side effects include swelling, redness, bumps, and blisters on or around the treatment site. These side effects disappear in the few days—or sometimes even weeks—following the Thermage treatment. A rare, but longer lasting, side effect described as a “surface irregularity” has also been reported among those receiving Thermage treatments. Because results from Thermage treatments can vary, it’s important to consult with a physician before undergoing Thermage.
6 Things You Can Do to Improve Your Thermage Experience
Luckily, unlike surgery, you don’t have to do any special preparation prior to a Thermage treatment, such as blood work for fasting. And there really isn’t any special care required after treatment, aside from some basic skincare things we’ll explain later. Because there’s little to no downtime involved with Thermage procedures, you can return to your normal activities immediately following treatment. Some patients do exhibit temporary redness or minor swelling after treatment, but this usually goes away after 24 hours.
To ensure your Thermage experience goes well, you’ll want to do the following things prior to your treatment:
- You’ll want to understand the Thermage process. Thermage treatments uses a device that tightens skin on your face and body without making any incisions or using lasers. Rather, the device emits pulses that heat the skin, causing it to contract.
- Visit a med spa or doctor that offers Thermage treatments to learn if Thermage is right for your needs. The doctor will be able to explain all aspects of the procedure, and will also be able to do an evaluation before the treatment.
- You might want to talk to your doctor about your skincare regimen during your Thermage consultation. You should ask if it’s acceptable to use these skincare products before and after your Thermage treatment.
- You should know what to expect once you start your Thermage treatment. If you’re super sensitive to pain, the doctor can apply an anesthetic lotion to the treatment area or prescribe oral medication. Once the doctor starts using the Thermage device, you’ll most likely feel cold and warm sensations. You may experience some tenderness, redness or swelling in the treatment area for a couple of days afterwards.
- Make sure to schedule enough time for the procedure. The length of the Thermage treatment will vary depending on the treated area. So this means that, for some patients, a Thermage treatment only lasts a few minutes, while others may spend up to an hour with the doctor.
- Most importantly, remember that Thermage results will appear gradually. Although a lot of people notice improvement immediately after a Thermage treatment, the skin’s appearance continues to improve in the weeks and months that follow. Thermage treatments have been known to work best on patients with thinner skin. So if you’re older, you may see better results.
Want to Maintain Your Thermage Results?
If you want to maintain your Thermage results, start with the right skincare regimen! We’re here to tell you about the ultimate anti-aging routine. With these skincare tips, your Thermage results should last for many years to come:
- Use a daily gentle cleanser. Choose a cleanser that is fragrance-free and for all skin types.
- Look for antioxidant skincare creams. The best antioxidants for your skin are green tea, resveratrol, vitamins C and E, and polyphenols. All these ingredients prevent collagen from breaking down.
- Most importantly, always wear sunscreen, even if you’re spending the day inside. Look for a sunscreen that uses titanium dioxide as an active ingredient rather than a chemical base.
- Wash your face every night. Use a gentle cleanser, and apply it in circular motions to increase blood circulation to the skin.
- Consider using a prescription retinol. While they can irritate your skin, they also help your skin to generate new skin cells faster. Only use retinol creams at night as they can make your skin sensitive to sunlight.
- Invest in a heavy duty nighttime moisturizer. And make sure it contains wrinkle-fighting ingredients.
- Exfoliate! Exfoliating weekly can actually make your skin look brighter. Why? Because it helps with cell turnover.
You’ll also want to drink plenty of water, and eliminate any refined, processed foods in your diet. Processed foods can actually cause inflammation, leading to lackluster, red, and dry skin.
If you take the time to research Thermage, find an experienced provider, and get a comprehensive evaluation before undergoing a Thermage treatment, your experience should be amazing! And if you don’t want to be disappointed with the results, make sure to take proper care of your skin by using the right skincare products and staying out of the sun.
LaserAway Is Your Premier Thermage Provider
LaserAway is proud to offer the most medical spa service options of any national skincare provider. LaserAway hires only the most highly trained staff experienced and certified in administering laser and other dermatological procedures. What’s more, LaserAway uses only innovative techniques and cutting-edge laser technology. LaserAway aims to make your medical spa experience comfortable, enjoyable and satisfying. Want to learn more about Thermage? Then schedule a free, no obligation consultation today by emailing LaserAway.net or calling the staff at LaserAway at (888) 965-2737. LaserAway looks forward to helping you turn back the clock with Thermage.