It sure can.
We all know it can be hard dropping the pounds once you’ve given birth. But don’t lose hope. If you’ve gained 25 to 30 pounds during your pregnancy, it should only take a few months for you to shed your baby weight.
We’re here to give you the lowdown on expert weight loss tips as well as two innovative med spa procedures that can help get your body back into shape!
Expert Post-Pregnancy Weight Loss Tips
Here’s our top post-pregnancy weight loss tips that can help you regain your pre-pregnancy body:
- Don’t diet. Why? Because if you deprive yourself of certain types of food, you could easily derail and gain more weight in the end. Instead, make a lifestyle change – go back to eating healthy and eating when you’re hungry, and the weight loss will come naturally. Be sure to eat a wide variety of healthy foods and snacks, including apple slices, hummus, and carrot sticks. Even if you have a lot of weight to lose, don’t eat less than 1,800 calories a day, especially if you’re breastfeeding.
- Eat superfoods. New moms need lots of nutrition, especially if they’re nursing. Choose foods that are nutrient dense and don’t contain a lot of calories and fat. One superfood that you should eat more of is fish. Fish contain DHA, an essential omega-3 fatty acid that’s essential for brain function and nervous system. The best sources of DHA are salmon, sardines, and tuna. You should also eat more milk and yogurt, since they contain a lot of calcium, which will help keep your bones strong. Finally, load up on foods that are high in protein and fiber, like chicken and beans.
- Did you know that breastfeeding might actually help you lose weight? And nursing burns up to 300 extra calories a day!
- Stay hydrated. Drinking lots of water throughout the day not only keeps you hydrated, it also prevents you from overeating. Why? Because it fills you up. Staying hydrated can also speed up your metabolism. If you’re drinking enough fluids, your urine should be relatively clear.
- Okay, this is a pretty obvious one. You should engage in both cardio and strength training if you want to shed the weight. Plus exercise is also great because it can really help to reduce stress and depression. Don’t worry – you don’t have to go to the gym to get back in shape. You can easily take a brisk walk with your baby. Try to exercise at least 150 minutes each week. For strength training, just use some light weights for 15 minutes.
- Sleep more. It might seem totally impossible to get enough rest with a newborn, but constantly being sleep deprived will thwart your weight loss efforts. So try to sleep when your baby sleeps, catching as many naps as you can during the day and going to bed early.
- Enlist a dietitian. If you’re finding it impossible to lose weight, consider scheduling an appointment with a dietitian, who can help you design an eating plan.
Need a Little Help Getting Your Pre-Pregnancy Body Back?
If you’re finding that exercise and diet alone aren’t enough to lose weight, you might want to check out VelaShape and Zerona, two new innovative body contouring procedures that’ll help you get back to that pre-pregnancy figure!
VelaShape the only FDA-cleared body contouring device that effectively and safely contours, shapes, and slims the body by reducing cellulite and firming problem areas.
How does VelaShape work?
VelaShape boasts four different components – radiofrequency, infrared light, vacuum suction and mechanical massage. The infrared light and radiofrequency energies allow VelaShape to precisely heat dermal and hypodermal tissue in the treatment area. This heating effect boosts fat cell metabolism and reduces the number and size of fat cells, thereby eliminating cellulite. At the same time, VelaShape’s mechanical massage rollers gently knead the area, increasing circulation, encouraging lymphatic drainage and eliminating fat cell byproducts and toxins. Finally, the vacuum suction technology smooths out dimples by stretching fibrous bands in the epidermis, reducing the appearance of cellulite. The end result of these high-tech applications is a significant reduction in body circumference and cellulite, and smoother, firmer skin.
What’s a VelaShape treatment like?
First you’ll be asked to lie down on a table, and one of our medical professionals will apply a lotion-type spray to the treatment area. The VelaShape machine will then be gently placed on the skin, and you’ll generally feel a persistent rolling massage sensation that slowly begins to heat up. Slight pressure will then be applied to the area while the skin is being massaged. Most people agree that the procedure is relatively painless – in fact, many compare it to a warm, relaxing deep tissue massage. And it’s relatively short too. Depending on the area being treated, VelaShape sessions typically last between 20 and 40 minutes.
Afterwards, the treated area may feel slightly warm and tender for a few hours. You might experience mild bruising and redness, but this usually goes away after a few days. In rarer instances, scabbing or blistering can occur in people with very loose skin.
To reap all of VelaShape’s benefits, you should undergo six treatments at one week intervals. After the initial series of treatments, most medical professionals recommend monthly maintenance treatments for the first three months, followed by regular treatments every three months thereafter.
Can You Expect Excellence?
Yes you can! With VelaShape beauty can be forever. Most people notice exciting results after just one treatment, including tighter, firmer and smoother skin. After six treatments, people see a significant reduction in cellulite, along with a few inches in circumferential reduction.
Science supports VelaShape’s effects. People in clinical trials experienced an average of half an inch to a full three inches of circumferential reduction in treated areas after a series of four treatments. What’s more, their cellulite was reduced by up to 63%. Another clinical study showed that 85% of patients saw their thighs shrink up to three inches!
Zerona is a cutting-edge body contouring procedure that effectively removes excess fat without any negative side effects. Zerona emulsifies fat, enabling patients to lose inches from their waist, hips, and thighs.
How does Zerona work?
Zerona utilizes cold laser technology, which emulsifies fat and allows it to move to interstitial space. More specifically, the cold laser technology’s low-level laser stimulation exclusively releases the cellular contents of fat cells while leaving the capillaries and other cells within the interstitial space intact. By disrupting the cell’s membrane, the cell then releases its fat contents. Once the fat contents are released, the body’s lymphatic system absorbs it. Basically, Zerona procedures cause fat cells to shrink, resulting in a loss of inches on areas such as the waist, hips and thighs.
What’s a Zerona treatment like?
During a Zerona treatment session, which takes approximately 40 minutes, patients are asked to lie down on a table. For the first 20 minutes, five cold lasers target patients’ front bodies, and for the remaining 20 minutes, the back part of their bodies is then treated. The best part of Zerona is that is it completely pain free and there are no adverse post-procedural side effects, meaning no downtime.
Patients are required to commit to a series of six treatments every other day for two weeks, and they cannot exceed more than 72 hours between treatments. If more than 72 hours intervene, the fat cells may reuptake some of the fat. It is important for patients to adhere to a strict diet and exercise regime, with includes exercising for at least 30 minutes a day, drinking between 8 and 10 glasses of water daily, and refraining from caffeine and alcohol consumption (caffeine and alcohol interfere with the lymphatic process of removing and metabolizing fat, which could make the treatment less effective). By maintaining a healthy diet and exercise program, patients can expect long term results.
Can You Expect Proven Results?
You bet! Zerona treatments are so effective that most patients experience an average loss of 3.64 inches on their waist, hips, and thighs in a matter of weeks. Some patients even witness a nine inch circumferential reduction after their first series of treatments, and results can be seen in as little as fourteen days.
Want a Killer Body this Summer? Then Choose LaserAway
Only the best medical spas offer VelaShape and Zerona. That’s why of all national skincare providers LaserAway offers the broadest service options, including VelaShape and Zerona. At LaserAway you can be sure you’ll receive the best treatment available. To meet the needs of discriminating clients, LaserAway staffs its clinics with only the most experienced medical professionals certified in administering laser and other dermatological procedures.
We at LaserAway believe in using only the most cutting-edge laser technology and techniques to make your medical spa experience enjoyable. So don’t hesitate to contact us. You’ve got nothing to lose but inches. If you would like to learn more about LaserAway’s medical spa services or schedule a free, no obligation consultation, please email us at LaserAway.net or call us at (888) 965-2737.