How to Eat Healthy on the Road
Spring is here! And good weather is just around the corner. You know what that means! Road trips!
Snack Healthy on the Road
Eating healthy on the road can be a challenge, especially when you’re stuck in a car and you don’t have access to a kitchen. Although it might be tempting to just toss aside your diet for the duration of your trip, you definitely shouldn’t!
Eating healthy foods while traveling doesn’t have to be difficult. We’re here to give you some expert tips:
- Preparation is key! Planning meals ahead of your trip ensures that you’ll be consuming healthy, nutritious foods. Consider packing your home cooked meals the day before your big trip. Use thermos style lunch containers to keep foods warm, or use coolers to keep foods cold. Before you drive off into the sunset, make sure you’ve got an arsenal of healthy snacks such as carrots, cucumber slices, fruits, snack bars, nuts, hummus, kale chips, and other easy to eat foods.
- Make a schedule and eat at fixed times. Try to stick to your normal eating schedule, even when you’re on the road. This will prevent you from overeating, eating too frequently, or messing up your digestive track. Remember that meals provide a chance to break up your journey, allowing you to walk around and stretch during pit stops.
- Drink plenty of fluids during your trip. If you can, choose water over other beverages while you’re in transit. Herbal teas are fine, but avoid soda and alcoholic beverages. Avoiding alcohol is especially important for minimizing travel-related health conditions, such as jet lag.
- Stock your hotel room with bottled water, fresh fruit and healthy snacks like granola bars or fiber cookies. Doing so helps remove them temptation to raid the room’s mini bar, and can be indispensable for staving off hunger between business meetings or tourist activities.
- Avoid fast-food outlets. Though they may be a comforting choice when you’re in a new city, these kind of meal options are often high in fat and calories. Wherever you decide to eat, focus on meals that incorporate healthy components, like fresh vegetables and lean proteins.
- Always eat breakfast. Breakfast helps prime your system and prepares you for a full day of activities or business meetings. If your hotel offers a complimentary breakfast, choose a high fiber and protein meal, like whole grain toast with peanut butter, to give you sustainable energy.
- Avoid “feel bad” foods. When you’re on the road, it’s particularly essential to avoid foods that drain your energy and deflate your mood. Foods to avoid include simple carbohydrates or high glycemic foods, such as fruit juices, sodas, refined grain products, or sugary snacks; anything deep fried; nonfat desserts and sweeteners, which are loaded with chemicals that your body can’t easily metabolize; anything partially hydrogenated.
- Make lunch your biggest meal of the day. And keep it simple, too. Stick to grilled chicken over salad, fish, or a turkey sandwich. You should also skip heavy sides like French fries or potatoes. Instead, choose veggies whenever possible.
- If you have to eat fast food, skip the combo meals. Just order a basic sandwich from a sandwich shop and a drink, like water or iced tea. Load up on lettuce, tomatoes and veggies but not on mayo and dressings, which are loaded with calories.
Need help thinking of healthy on-the-go snacks? Healthy snacks include whole grain cereal cups, energy bars, peanuts, low fat yogurt, vegetable juice, trail mix, fresh fruit cups, string cheese, and bananas.
While all of these tips can help you eat healthy food while traveling, the most important thing you can do throughout your trip is to not stress out about eating perfectly all the time. Slip ups will happen. Just move on and do better next time.
Need some extra help on your fitness journey?
Whether or not you’re trying to eat healthy while traveling on the road, if you notice that exercise and diet aren’t producing noticeable results in general, then you may need a little extra help getting the body you’ve always wanted. Luckily, there are three med spa procedures that produce amazing results:
VelaShape is the only FDA-cleared body contouring device. It effectively and safely contours, shapes and slims the body by reducing cellulite and firming problem areas — all in as little as four treatments.
With VelaShape you can expect amazing results.
Science supports VelaShape’s effects. People in clinical trials experienced an average of half an inch to a full three inches of circumferential reduction in treated areas after a series of four treatments. What’s more, their cellulite was reduced by up to 63%. Another clinical study showed that 85% of patients saw their thighs shrink up to three inches!
Feeling less than fab after your vacation? Thermage can help. Thermage is clinically-proven, unique radiofrequency treatment that can firm problem areas on the body. Best of all, only one treatment is needed, and results last up to ten years!
Thermage often seems to work magic, but the science behind it is simple. Thermage works from the inside out. It transfers heat to the epidermis, which not only encourages collagen production, but also tightens existing collagen. Thermage effects this partly through radiofrequency technology, which produces electrical currents that causes collagen within the skin to contract and gradually reform. This is why most individuals experience dramatic tightening and smoothing of the skin over the six months following treatment. Since the outer layers of the skin are unaffected, there is almost no recovery time involved.
You’ll need only one Thermage treatment to reap all the benefits of its innovative technology. During the several months following treatment, you’ll see dramatically tighter, firmer and smoother skin.
Zap post-vacation flab with Zerona—a cutting-edge body contouring procedure that effectively removes excess fat without any negative side effects. It emulsifies fat, enabling patients to lose inches from their waist, hips, and thighs.
the cold laser technology’s low-level laser stimulation exclusively releases the cellular contents of fat cells while leaving the capillaries and other cells within the interstitial space intact
How does Zerona work? Zerona utilizes cold laser technology, which emulsifies fat and allows it to move to interstitial space. More specifically, the cold laser technology’s low-level laser stimulation exclusively releases the cellular contents of fat cells while leaving the capillaries and other cells within the interstitial space intact. By disrupting the cell’s membrane, the cell then releases its fat contents. Once the fat contents are released, the body’s lymphatic system absorbs it.
The upshot? Zerona procedures cause fat cells to shrink, resulting in a loss of inches on areas such as your waist.
Zerona treatments are so effective that most patients experience an average loss of 3.64 inches on their waist, hips, buttocks and thighs in a matter of weeks. Some patients even witness a nine inch circumferential reduction after their first series of treatments, and results can be seen in as little as fourteen days.
LaserAway Can Get You the Body You’ve Always Wanted!
If you want a rockin’ bod off road or on, look no further. LaserAway offers the most service options of any national skincare provider. Our staff is highly trained, experienced and certified in administering laser and other dermatological procedures, and we only use innovative techniques and cutting-edge laser technology. Our aim is to make your experience with us comfortable, enjoyable and satisfying. If you would like to set up a free, no obligation consultation, please email us at LaserAway.net or call us at (888) 965-2737. We look forward to your business!