Our Guide to the Ultimate Beach Body
It’s summertime and that means it’s time to sport bikinis on the beach!
But if you’re less than pleased with your body right now, don’t worry. We’ve got something we think might help – we’ve got the lowdown on how to achieve the ultimate beach body.
Want a Beach Body? It All Starts With Diet
You’ve probably heard it before – if you want to lose weight and get your body into shape, then you need to eat properly.
And that means ditching overly processed, unhealthy junk food like chips, fast food, pastries, iced coffee drinks, candy, and white flour.
When you reduce sodium and cut back on starches, you reduce fluids and fluid retention, which can result in a loss of up to a few pounds of water weight. But if you want to lose one or two pounds of fat per week, you need to create a daily deficit of 500 and 1,000 calories, respectively, through exercise and diet.
Some basic rules of following a healthy diet include:
- Eat vegetables to help you feel full
- Drink lots of water
- Remove tempting foods from your kitchen
- Don’t eat out of boredom
- Don’t graze in front of the fridge
- Don’t skip meals
Many people have heard the term “healthy diet” before, but what does it actually mean? A healthy diet generally includes:
- Protein from fish, meat, dairy products, eggs, nuts, and beans
- Fat from nuts, avocadoes, olive oil, coconut oil, and dairy products
- Complex carbohydrates from fruits, vegetables, whole grains, beans, and legumes
- Vitamins and minerals like vitamins A, B, C, D, E, and K and calcium, potassium, and iron
Fill Your Plate with Fruit and Vegetables
When you’re trying to lose weight, you want to fill half your plate with fruit and vegetables, and the other half should be split between whole grains and lean protein. Make sure you stick to your daily allotted calories to help you create a deficit.
But how many calories you need per day all depends on your goal, age, gender, and how active you are. A dietitian can help you figure that out, but make sure you’re not eating too little calories, either.
Some other important diet tips include:
- Always eat breakfast. Why? Because breakfast actually revs up your metabolism, and gives you energy for the day ahead, ensuring that you won’t binge eat later on. Make sure your breakfast contains both fiber and protein, like oatmeal, a smoothie, or eggs and toast.
- Eat regular meals. Don’t wait longer than four to five hours between means, or else intense hunger could trigger a binge. Choose the meal pattern that works best for your lifestyle, but make sure to eat at least three meals a day.
- Don’t forget about fiber. Fiber truly is nature’s weight loss aid. Why? Because fiber helps create a feeling of fullness, and most foods that are high in fiber are also high in water and low in calories.
- Eat heart-healthy foods. Heart-healthy foods that are low in fat and sodium include walnuts, flaxseeds, and salmon as well as non-fat dairy products and lean meat.
- Eat mindfully. Mindful eating means taking time to savor every bite, which means you’ll eat your food more slowly. The result? You’ll be less likely to overeat!
- Take a multivitamin. Because it’s sometimes impossible to get all the nutrients we need all in one day, a multivitamin can cover your bases and help maintain energy levels.
- Eat lots of protein. Protein really is the key to weight loss. Include a source of protein such as lean meats, low-fat dairy, beans, and nuts, in all meals and snacks to help keep you full.
And Exercise Is Important, Too!
If you really want to get your body ready for the beach, then you need to exercise in addition to following a healthy diet. How do you get a body that looks great in a bikini? Simple. Cardio and strength training:
- Cardio exercise is essential if you want to lose fat and tone your body. You should perform half hour to one hour of cardio at least five days a week. Cardio exercise burns calories, which helps you create a caloric deficit. Some great forms of cardio include jogging, swimming, bicycling, rowing, and hiking. Interval cardio is the most effective way to reduce your body fat percentage. It involves alternating between very intense bouts of exercise and low intensity exercise. For instance, you could sprint for 30 seconds, and then walk for 60 seconds. You can also choose interval options on most of the gym equipment. Engaging in interval cardio exercise also speeds up your metabolism for up to 24 hours.
- You should aim to do strength training two to three times per week in order to increase and maintain lean muscle tissue. The more muscle you have, the faster your metabolism will be since muscle uses up more calories than fat to sustain itself. (And you’ll even burn calories while resting.) Make sure that you target large muscle groups such as your hips, chest, back, abs, shoulders, legs, and arms. Some great exercises include bench presses, triceps dips, and biceps curls.
- Pilates is a fantastic way to build strong, tight muscles all around your waist, hips, thighs, and legs, meaning you’ll look awesome in that bikini! If you don’t know what pilates is, it’s an exercise that slims the thighs and tones the entire abdomen by using slow, controlled movements to work the core muscles of the abdomen, the muscles of the back, and the muscles in your upper legs and hips. If you do pilates every other day, you’ll be beach ready in as little as a few weeks!
Need a Little Extra Help Getting that Beach Body?
VelaShape is the only FDA-cleared body contouring device. It effectively and safely contours, shapes and slims the body by reducing cellulite and firming problem areas — all in as little as four treatments.
Zerona is a cutting-edge body contouring procedure that effectively removes excess fat without any negative side effects.
Zerona treatments are so effective that most patients experience an average loss of 3.64 inches on their waist, hips and thighs in a matter of weeks. Some patients even witness a nine inch circumferential reduction after their first series of treatments, and results can be seen in as little as fourteen days.
Best of all, results can be permanently maintained by following an easy, healthy diet and exercise program that consists of exercising a minimum of 30 minutes a day, drinking at least eight glasses of water daily, and refraining from consuming alcohol or caffeine.
Let LaserAway Help You Get The Body You’ve Always Wanted
Want the ultimate beach body? Then come to LaserAway.
LaserAway offers the most service options of any national skincare provider. Our staff is highly trained, experienced and certified in administering laser and other dermatological procedures, and we only use innovative techniques and cutting-edge laser technology. Our aim is to make your experience with us comfortable, enjoyable and satisfying. If you would like to set up a free, no obligation consultation, please email us at LaserAway.net or call us at (888) 965-2737. We look forward to transforming your body.