The Look Fit Forever Plan
Have you kept your New Year’s resolution to lose weight? If you’re like most people, you probably haven’t.
Weight loss can be challenging, but it doesn’t have to be. Whether you want to shed a significant amount of weight, a little bit of weight, or you just want to tone up your body, we’ve got the advice you need. With our expert tips, you’ll achieve the body you’ve always wanted.
Of course, consult your physician before beginning any diet or exercise plan. It’s always better to be safe than sorry!
Avoid These Seven Weight Loss Blunders
- Eliminating fat. Eliminating fat or eating a very low fat diet is a common error that people are encouraged to make by food marketing. Eliminating dietary fat to get rid of fat from the body may seem like a good idea at first, but it’s actually counterproductive. You need a decent amount of good fat in your diet because all the cells in the body are made up of two layers of lipids or fats. If the cell lipid layers are made up of healthy fats, it will make them more sensitive to insulin, which is necessary for good metabolism and energy production.
- Eating cereal for breakfast. Cereal and other high-carb foods are a poor choice for your first meal of the day. Why? Cereal is packed with carbs and added sugar. In the rare case that you can find a cereal that doesn’t have added sugar, be aware cereal tends to be low in protein—meaning your stomach will grumble just a few hours after eating it.
- Not being active enough. Strength training in particular is essential for fat loss because it will burn fat, burn calories, improve insulin sensitivity and glucose uptake, and make you stronger. Strength training is preferred over aerobic training that is done on cardio machines such as a treadmill because it produces a more favorable muscle building response, which raises your metabolism to support a leaner body composition.
- Eating in front of the TV. Mindless eating messes up diets big time. Once you have eaten a food in a particular environment, your brain comes to associate the food with the environment. This causes situation-triggered eating. Think always having to have popcorn while at the movies. Eating at the table, where you’re more aware of how much you’re taking in, means you’re less likely to binge.
- Skipping breakfast. Eating breakfast can kick start your metabolism. How? By eating breakfast, you signal to your body that you’re not starving, so it starts burning fat, even when you’re just doing normal activities.
- Using artificial sweeteners. Studies suggest that fake, zero-calorie sweeteners cause more weight gain compared to real sugar. Why? Possibly because they confuse your disgestive system, compromising your ability to burn calories and actually increasing food cravings.
- Forgetting about liquid calories. All those lattes and cocktails you consume contain a lot of calories. Just because they’re in liquid form doesn’t mean you’re off the hook! Watch out for “healthy” juices too; they can contain as much as 300 calories per serving.
Weight Loss Doesn’t Have to Be Hard
It’s merely a matter of calories in versus calories out. Remember: while eating healthier and exercising does take some work, it really doesn’t have to require heroic effort. Making just a few simple lifestyle changes can pack a big weight loss punch over time.
Here’s some tips on how to effortlessly lose weight and tone up:
- Try adding foods to your diet instead of subtracting them. Add in healthy fruits and vegetables that you love, such as cherries, grapes, and snow peas. Fruits and veggies can be added to virtually any meal, including breakfast foods, soups, sandwiches, and pasta dishes.
- Walk! Walking when the weather’s nice is a super easy way to keep fit. Even a five minute walk is a five minute walk, and it adds up! Instead of driving your car to work or the grocery store, consider walking.
- Make low fat versions of the foods you love. Basically every single type of comfort food can be made lighter and healthier. Pizza? Substitute white crust with whole wheat, use low fat cheese, and top it off with loads of veggies. Mac and cheese? Use whole wheat pasta, fat free milk, and low fat cheese. Don’t forget to lighten the drinks going with that meal. Try switching from high calorie favorites to diet soda or light beer, or maybe add a spritz of seltzer to your wine.
- Keep hydrated! Drink water before a meal and you won’t feel so famished. Oftentimes, people mistake thirst for hunger.
- Remember that little things add up! So keep eating a little fruit here, some veggies there, continue grabbing 10 minute walks between meetings. Weight loss is a journey guided by your unique needs, so do whatever works for you!
Need Some Help on Your Fitness Journey?
If exercise and diet aren’t producing noticeable results, then you may need a little extra help getting the body you’ve always wanted. Luckily, there are three med spa procedures that produce amazing results:
Blast away excess weight with VelaShape, the only FDA-cleared body contouring device. It effectively and safely contours, shapes, and slims the body by reducing cellulite and firming problem areas — all in as little as four treatments.
People in clinical trials experienced an average of half an inch to a full three inches of circumferential reduction in treated areas after a series of four treatments.
With VelaShape you can expect excellence, because science supports VelaShape’s effects. People in clinical trials experienced an average of half an inch to a full three inches of circumferential reduction in treated areas after a series of four treatments. What’s more, their cellulite was reduced by up to 63%. Another clinical study showed that 85% of patients saw their thighs shrink up to three inches!
Tone up with Thermage! Thermage is clinically-proven, unique radiofrequency treatment that can firm problem areas on the body. Best of all, only one treatment is needed, and results last up to ten years!
Thermage too works through a proven science. Thermage works from the inside out. It transfers heat to the epidermis, which not only encourages collagen production, but also tightens existing collagen. Thermage effects this partly through radiofrequency technology, which produces electrical currents that causes collagen within the skin to contract and gradually reform. This is why most individuals experience dramatic tightening and smoothing of the skin over the six months following treatment. Since the outer layers of the skin are unaffected, there is almost no recovery time involved.
You’ll need only one Thermage treatment to reap all the benefits of its innovative technology. During the several months following treatment, you’ll see dramatically tighter, firmer and smoother skin. What a fantastic addition to any weight loss program!
The Zerona cold laser technology’s low-level laser stimulation exclusively releases the cellular contents of fat cells while leaving the capillaries and other cells within the interstitial space intact. By disrupting the cell’s membrane, the cell then releases its fat contents. Once the fat contents are released, the body’s lymphatic system absorbs it. Basically, Zerona procedures cause fat cells to shrink, resulting in a loss of inches on areas such as your waist.
Combine Zerona with a sensible diet and exercise plan, and you’ll be looking fabulous in no time.
Get the Body You’ve Always Wanted with LaserAway
If you want a rockin’ bod, look no further. LaserAway offers the most service options of any national skincare provider. Our staff is highly trained, experienced and certified in administering laser and other dermatological procedures, and we only use innovative techniques and cutting-edge laser technology. Our aim is to make your experience with us comfortable, enjoyable and satisfying. If you would like to set up a free, no obligation consultation, please email us at LaserAway.net or call us at (888) 965-2737. We look forward to helping you get fit!