So How Effective Is Laser Hair Removal Really?
Quite! The clear choice for removing unwanted hair from your face, legs, arms, underarms, bikini line, back, and chest, laser hair removal is:
- Effective. Compared to other methods, laser hair removal reduces hair permanently by up to 90 percent after 6-8 treatments
- Precise. Today’s laser technology targets dark, coarse hair and leaves surrounding skin undamaged
- Fast. Each laser pulse takes only a fraction of a second and can treat many hairs at the same time. Your face and other small areas can be treated in less than one minute. Your legs and other large areas can take up to an hour
- Predictable. Most clients achieve permanent hair loss after an average of three to seven sessions
- Gentle. Laser hair removal is noninvasive and doesn’t require any recovery time
The Science Behind Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal seems like magic, but the science behind it is simple. Laser light pulses target the pigment in hair follicles. The pigment absorbs the pulse and becomes damaged. This slows hair regrowth. Coarse, dark hair and light skin combinations tend to respond best to treatment.
If you have another hair–skin combination you can still get desirable results with the Nd:YAG laser. Its longer wavelength and greater pigment selectivity allow it to penetrate hair follicles more precisely, leaving the surrounding skin tissue undamaged.
Depending on the size of the area you want to be treated, a laser hair removal session can last anywhere from a few minutes to several hours. Before the session, you’ll be given protective eye gear. You may also be given a topical anesthetic if you request it.
Once the session begins, you’ll feel a slight sting. This means that the laser has been activated. The laser pulses that follow produce prickling and burning sensations. Yet the sensations are quite mild. Past clients have described them as like a rubber band snapped against their skin.
You may experience temporary swelling and redness after your session is over. You’ll most likely be able to resume your normal activities right away.
Boost Your Laser Hair Removal’s Benefits!
These tips will help you get the most out of your laser hair removal sessions:
- Avoid tanning salons before your laser hair removal sessions. Tanning can make your skin especially sensitive to the laser energy. Also, the laser may not be able to remove enough hair efficiently.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure before laser hair removal sessions. Prolonged sun exposure can change the color of your skin. This makes it more difficult for the laser to effectively remove hair.
- Avoid tanning or excessive sun exposure for two weeks after laser hair removal sessions. Failure to do so can result in poor healing of treated areas.
- Don’t wax or tweeze your hair before a laser hair removal session.
- Use a cooling gel, high-quality moisturizer, or an aloe vera–based lotion if you experience any discomfort after your treatments.
Your Laser Hair Removal Source
Offering the most dermatological and aesthetic service options of any national skincare provider, LaserAway uses only innovative techniques and cutting-edge laser technology. And our highly trained staff is experienced and certified in laser and other dermatological procedures. They aim to make your medical spa experience comfortable, enjoyable, and satisfying.
Want to learn more about laser hair removal? Then schedule a free, no-obligation consultation today by emailing LaserAway.com or calling us at (888) 965-2737. One visit to us and you’ll discover that we’re committed to helping you look your absolute best.