10 Power Foods that Will Keep You Young
We all know getting older is unpleasant. After all, who wants gray hair, achy joints, and wrinkled skin? No one, really.
Diet CAN Slow the Aging Process
But did you know that you can delay the onset of aging through diet? That’s right – by eating the right foods and exercising, you can age gracefully and slowly.
If you truly are what you eat, then you should eat these eight power foods. Why? Because they’re packed with nutrients your body needs, ensuring that you stay younger for longer.
- Nuts are a perfect age fighting food because they’re full of omega-3 essential fatty acids. Nuts, and walnuts in particular, assist with managing cholesterol levels, improve digestive functioning, and strengthen immunity due to their rich mineral content. Even though walnuts are full of fat and calories, they don’t encourage weight gain. Why? Because walnuts are filling, and after consuming them, most people feel satisfied and full.
- Berries! Berries like blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and blackberries are packed with antioxidants, which save cells from premature gaining. What’s even more amazing is that a diet rich in blueberries improves short-term memory loss and reverses some loss of balance and coordination. Blueberries also help prevent cancer and other serious diseases.
- There’s finally a reason to eat more guacamole! Avocados are filled with a healthy type of fat, monounsaturated fat, which helps your skin stay hydrated. That same healthy fat can also help you absorb some vitamins and nutrients that your skin needs. Avocados are also high in vitamin E, which is essential for glowing skin and hair.
- Oranges are loaded with water, so they hydrate your skin and your cells. One large orange is an excellent source of vitamin C, which helps build collagen, keeping your skin supple.
- Oats are considered to be complex carbohydrates, which means that they’re low-glycemic. What’s low glycemic? Low glycemic foods don’t spike your blood sugar like refined breads, rice, and pasta can. In fact, high glycemic foods are known to cause acne and wrinkles. Oats also have a natural plant chemical that helps prevent damage to skin cells and soothes skin irritation.
- Lean meats. Lean meats like fish and chicken are a great way to get high quality protein, and protein helps build collagen. You should consume meat two to three times a week. If you’re a vegetarian, some sources of high quality protein include tofu, eggs, and beans.
- Brussel sprouts. Brussel sprouts are excellent sources of vitamins A and C, as well as folate. Their vitamin C promotes collagen, and Vitamin A and folate help prevent sun damage. But remember to still wear sunblock!
- Dark chocolate. Cocoa hydrates your skin, making it firmer and suppler. Plus dark chocolate contains high levels of flavonols, a potent type of antioxidant. In fact, dark chocolate has been found to have nearly twice the antioxidant content of red wine, and up to three times that of green tea. If you want lots of flavonols, eat chocolate that’s at least 70 percent cacao. All you need is a few squares a day to improve luminosity.
- Pomegranates are packed with polyphenol antioxidants, which fight free radicals and regulate skin’s blood flow, giving it rosiness. One pomegranate or a few glasses of juice daily should do the trick. When applied to skin, the fruits’ antioxidants help smooth lines and moisturize. Pomegranate seed oil, in particular, has been found to help promote regeneration of skin cells, reducing the visible effects of aging on the skin.
- Kidney beans. Kidney beans are high in zinc, which has loads of skin healing properties. Zinc is especially good for combating acne and inflammation. Kidney beans are also packed with protein, fiber, folate, magnesium, potassium and flavonoids. In fact, kidney beans contain more proanthocyanidins than blueberries and cranberries.
If these foods sound too complicated to incorporate into your diet right now, don’t worry. The easiest move you can make is to add more fruits, vegetables, and whole grains to your daily menu. Most have no fat, cholesterol or sodium, and they’re low in calories. What you do get is lots of fiber, calcium, iron, magnesium, and vitamins, which all play a part in keeping you functioning at your best.
Need something extra to keep you looking young?
Sometimes changing your diet isn’t enough if you want to drastically turn back the clock. If that’s the case, then we’ve got three med spa procedures that are simple and effective:
Get a youthful glow with Botox. Botox is a revolutionary prescription medication that improves moderate to severe frown lines, forehead furrows, smoker’s lines and crow’s feet. Botox is a great alternative to invasive cosmetic procedures. It’s quick, painless, and seldom causes side effects.
Botox is a neurotoxin and works by attaching itself to nerve endings. Once this happens, the neurotransmitter responsible for triggering muscle contractions, called acetylcholine, can’t be released. To put it more simply, Botox injections temporarily relax the facial muscles that underlie and cause wrinkles.
Botox offers real, noticeable results. Since Botox works by weakening facial muscles, full results are generally seen within five to seven days. You’ll see deep dynamic wrinkles gradually improve over time, in addition to the early effects seen shortly after treatment. Your results will continue to improve, until about two weeks after the procedure. At that time, you’ll be looking your best.
Clear + Brilliant
Clear + Brilliant will also help you look your best. The treatment uses revolutionary fractional laser technology to fight the early effects of aging, leaving skin with a more youthful appearance. What’s more, Clear + Brilliant is a non-invasive, non-surgical procedure, so you won’t have to endure any downtime.
Clear + Brilliant works its magic by revitalizing skin from the inside out. Its non-invasive laser technology gently resurfaces the top layer of the dermis by creating millions of microscopic treatment zones in the skin. Sounds complicated, right? But it’s really just about replacing damaged skin with healthy, younger-looking tissue. The result? Smoother, softer and youthful-looking skin.
their skin achieves a noticeable glow after a series of three to five Clear + Brilliant treatments
Clear + Brilliant is clinically proven to significantly reverse early signs of aging. Almost all patients who undergo Clear + Brilliant treatments report their skin looks younger and feels smoother. What’s more, their skin achieves a noticeable glow after a series of three to five Clear + Brilliant treatments. This glow owes to the fact that Clear + Brilliant significantly helps refresh skin tone and texture – indeed, many patients see a significant difference in the appearance of their skin after only one treatment. Within as little as a week, patients notice brighter, softer and more youthful skin texture. With multiple treatments age spots, fine lines and wrinkles fade and soften.
Jumpstart any anti-aging regimen with Juvéderm—a revolutionary dermal filler that instantly banishes wrinkles around the mouth and nose. With just one treatment you’ll get natural looking results that last up to one year.
Juvéderm is comprised of a smooth hyaluronic acid gel that, when injected into the skin, smooths wrinkles and folds.
Juvéderm reverses the aging process. How? Juvéderm is comprised of a smooth hyaluronic acid gel that, when injected into the skin, smooths wrinkles and folds. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring molecule found in the human body, and its primary function is to bind and absorb water, creating volume in the face. During the natural aging process, hyaluronic acid found in the body diminishes. The result? Those annoying lines and folds. Juvéderm corrects this by restoring hyaluronic acid in the skin, helping to diminish the appearance of wrinkles and folds.
Juvéderm produces immediate results, and these results continue to improve for one to two weeks as Juvéderm softens and draws moisture into the area. And you can expect these results to last up to 12 months. In fact, Juvéderm is proud to be the only FDA-approved hyaluronic acid filler to last up to one year with only one treatment.
Make LaserAway a Part of Your Healthy Lifestyle
LaserAway is proud to offer the most medical spa service options of any national skincare provider. LaserAway hires only the most highly trained staff experienced and certified in administering laser and other dermatological procedures. What’s more, LaserAway uses only innovative techniques and cutting-edge laser technology. LaserAway aims to make your medical spa experience comfortable, enjoyable and satisfying. Want to learn more about Juvéderm? Botox? Clear + Brilliant? Then schedule a free, no obligation consultation today by emailing LaserAway.net or calling the staff at LaserAway at (888) 965-2737. LaserAway looks forward to helping you turn back the clock with through healthy living.