If you’ve had chicken pox as a kid, or even as an adult, chances are you probably have some chicken pox scars as a small reminder.
And while chicken pox scars gradually fade over time, sometimes they require professional treatments to completely disappear. That’s why we’re here to give you the lowdown on everything you need to know about making those unsightly chicken pox scars disappear!
Simple Treatments for Chicken Pox Scars
There’s a lot you can do at home to help your scars fade faster. But if they’re older scars (which chicken pox scars usually are), you can only do so much to improve their appearance.
Try out these tips to help fade old chicken pox scars:
- Scar ointments. Scar ointments like Mederma can help fade old scars, but you’ll need to use them for at least three to six months before you’ll start to see results. Mederma is clinically shown to improve the overall appearance, color, and texture of scars, making them softer, smoother, and less noticeable. But if your chicken pox scars are pitted, then scar ointments like Mederma won’t do too much.
- Silicone sheets. Silicone sheets, specifically designed for scars, help to shrink, flatten and fade both new and old scars. It works by hydrating scar tissue, softening and fading it over time. You’ll need to use silicone sheets daily for six months before you start seeing results.
- Sunscreen’s essential for minimizing scars and preventing hyperpigmentation. You’ll want to wear a sunscreen with at least an SPF of 30 or higher every single day.
- Bleaching Creams. If your chicken pox scars have some hyperpigmentation, you should consider using a bleaching cream that’ll help them fade to a more natural tone.
- Exfoliating scrubs. Exfoliating scrubs help to remove dead skin cells, promoting cell regeneration – slowly fading your chicken pox scars over time. You’ll want to use a facial scrub one to two times a week to achieve maximum results.
Want Flawless Skin? Then Check Out These Three Innovative Med Spa Treatments
Clear + Brilliant
Clear + Brilliant’s non-invasive laser technology gently resurfaces the top layer of the dermis by creating millions of microscopic treatment zones in the skin. This not only stimulates collagen production but also encourages the skin to create healthier tissue. The result? Chickenpox scars and discoloration fade away!
Clear + Brilliant is clinically proven to significantly reduce the appearance of facial scars and discoloration by up to 80 percent. In fact, almost all clients who underwent our Clear + Brilliant procedure claimed their scars felt and looked smoother, and that their skin had a noticeable glow after a series of three to five treatments. In addition to fading scars, Clear + Brilliant significantly reduces the size of pores and refreshes skin tone and texture. Even after one treatment, you’ll notice a significant improvement in the appearance of your chicken pox. Within a week, you’ll notice smoother skin texture and more even skin tone.
Juvéderm is a smooth gel filler that fills in pitted or depressed chicken pox scars. Juvéderm is so powerful that its results last up to a year—and after only a single treatment. Because Juvéderm’s dermal gel is smooth rather than granular, a single injection of it makes skin looks smooth, natural and youthful. This is because the unique formulation of Juvéderm’s gel promotes hydration of the skin as well as restores volume to the skin and its underlying structures.
Although results can be seen immediately with Juvéderm, most people see their most impressive results three to five days after injection, as swelling and bruising disappear.
IPL Photo Facials
Say goodbye to chicken pox scars with laser facials!
IPL photo facials are incredibly effective on shallow chicken pox scars. IPL photo facials work by using a broad-spectrum light source that penetrates multiple layers of skin. This type of photo facial primarily targets the lower layers of skin (dermis) while leaving the top layers of skin (epidermis) unaffected. The heat generated from the light promotes healing of the skin within, treating a number of different dermatological issues, like chicken pox scarring.
You can expect outstanding results with IPL photo facials. But you must be diligent about scheduling treatment sessions. IPL photo facial treatments call for five treatment sessions spaced three weeks apart to obtain desired results. In some cases, those results can be seen after only the first treatment! And skin continues to improve with each successive treatment.
Let Us Help You Erase Your Chicken Pox Scars
Chickenpox scars don’t scare us.
LaserAway is proud to offer the most medical spa service options of any national skincare provider. LaserAway hires only the most highly trained staff experienced and certified in administering laser and other dermatological procedures. What’s more, LaserAway uses only innovative techniques and cutting-edge laser technology. LaserAway aims to make your medical spa experience comfortable, enjoyable and satisfying. Want to learn more about Clear + Brilliant or IPL photo facials? Then schedule a free, no-obligation consultation today by emailing LaserAway.com or calling the staff at LaserAway at (888) 965-2737. LaserAway looks forward to helping you look your best!