Our Guide to Looking Great in Your 20s … and Beyond
Are you in your 20s?
And do you think you’ll be able to drink, smoke, and bask in the sun forever without any consequences?
Unfortunately, nothing could be further from the truth. Even women in their 20s can still get superficial fine lines and wrinkles if they don’t take care of their skin. In fact, it’s not uncommon for women in their mid-to-late 20s to start noticing wrinkles around their eyes—especially if they haven’t been using sunscreen.
If you want to continue looking great in your 20s and beyond, we’ve got just the tips for you!
It All Starts with Proper Skincare
Achieving flawless skin really boils down to your skincare regime. Here’s what you should be doing to retain your youthful glow:
- Wash your face at night. You don’t want to sleep in your makeup, because not only can it lead to zits, it can also lead to premature wrinkles and lines. How? Cosmetics can trap free radicals that float in the air, which in turn damage your skin. So make sure to wash all that makeup off before bedtime. We suggest a cream cleanser rather than bar soap, since bar soap can strip skin of its natural oils, promoting dryness. But if you’re too tired to even wash your face with a proper cleanser, then at least use face wipes.
- Exfoliate twice a week. Exfoliating your skin twice a week gets rid of the layer of old cells that can easily dull your complexion. Exfoliation also promotes cell renewal, which means your skin will always be looking super fresh. We recommend choosing an exfoliator that uses microbeads since it’s gentler than ones that use apricot kernels or pumice.
- Wear eye cream. We know you’re only in your 20s, but if you want to stay looking young, then you better start using eye cream. In fact, the eyes are the first place to show signs of aging since the skin is so delicate there. We recommend wearing an eye cream that contains at least an SPF 15 or higher for added protection.
- Consider superficial chemical peels. Glycolic acid chemical peels once every few weeks are a great way to revitalize your skin and even out your complexion. In fact, glycolic acid is one of the most effective exfoliators because it penetrates so deeply. Here’s a hint too: if you apply a moisturizer directly after a glycolic peel, your skin will look extra dewy.
- Moisturize your skin every single day. This is especially important when you’re in your mid-to-late 20s. You’ll want to use a light daytime moisturizer that contains SPF and then a heavier night time moisturizer. Look for ingredients like glycerin and hyaluronic acid that actually suck water from the air into your skin.
- Wear sunscreen! If nothing else, be sure to wear sunscreen or some sort of product that contains SPF on your face every day! This will help prevent fine lines and wrinkles from forming. One study actually showed that people who wore sunscreen every day for four years didn’t appear to age at all! Even if it’s cloudy, you still want to be protected from UVA/UVB rays.
- Got acne? See a dermatologist! A lot of women in their 20s battle acne. But instead of using over-the-counter products, you should really pay a visit to a dermatologist. This will help keep acne scarring to a minimum. After all, if you start to get scars, they’re harder to get rid of than they are to prevent.
- Don’t smoke. We’ve heard it all before – smoking is super bad for you! It restricts the blood supply to the skin, and breaks down collagen and elastin, leading to premature aging. So ditch the cigs for some nicotine gum instead.
- Consider using Retin A products. If you have superficial acne scars, dark spots, and discoloration, Retin A can work wonders. It can also brighten and even out your skin tone. So speak to your dermatologist to get a prescription. But remember: you have to wear sunscreen every day if you’re going to use Retin A.
- Watch what you eat! If you’re suffering from acne, which is super common in your 20s, then you should watch your diet. Try not to eat processed or refined foods that are packed with sugar and sodium. Instead, opt for whole, unprocessed foods, like lean proteins, vegetables, fruits, and whole grains. Try to limit alcohol and caffeine, too.
If you follow these tips, then you’re sure to maintain a flawless complexion during your 20s and beyond!
It’s Never too Late to Start an Effective Med Spa Treatment
If you need a little extra help brightening your complexion or preventing wrinkles, then we’ve got two med spa treatments just for you – Clear + Brilliant and Botox.
Clear + Brilliant
Keep the worst signs of premature aging at bay with Clear + Brilliant.
Clear + Brilliant is a med spa procedure that erases superficial lines around the eyes and mouth, fine lines on cheeks, rough skin texture, and discoloration.
Clear + Brilliant works its magic by revitalizing skin from the inside out. Its non-invasive laser technology gently resurfaces the top layer of the dermis by creating millions of microscopic treatment zones in the skin. Sounds complicated, right? But it’s really just about replacing damaged skin with healthy, younger-looking tissue. The result? Smoother, softer and youthful-looking skin.
What’s a Clear + Brilliant treatment like? The treatment itself is simple. Each Clear + Brilliant procedure takes about thirty minutes. A topical numbing agent is applied to the face forty minutes prior to the procedure. This is removed right before treatment begins. The actual laser session lasts a quick ten minutes, and most patients experience only a warm tingling or prickling sensation with little or no discomfort. To ensure proper contact with the skin and uniform application to all treated areas, Clear + Brilliant technology uses a patented intelligent Optimal Tracking System. Directly after the Clear + Brilliant laser treatment, a cooling face mask is placed on the treated area for 10 to 15 minutes to reduce any residual sensation of heat.
Clear + Brilliant is clinically proven to significantly reverse early signs of aging. Almost all patients who undergo Clear + Brilliant treatments report their skin looks younger and feels smoother. What’s more, their skin achieves a noticeable glow after a series of three to five Clear + Brilliant treatments. This glow owes to the fact that Clear + Brilliant significantly helps refresh skin tone and texture – indeed, many patients see a significant difference in the appearance of their skin after only one treatment. Within as little as a week, patients notice brighter, softer and more youthful skin texture. With multiple treatments age spots, fine lines and wrinkles fade and soften.
You’re not too young for Botox.
Did you know that Botox can actually prevent wrinkles from forming? Botox, if you don’t know what it is, a revolutionary prescription medication that improves moderate to severe frown lines, forehead furrows, smoker’s lines and crow’s feet. And even dynamic wrinkles like these can start to form in your late 20s.
Botox is a neurotoxin and works by attaching itself to nerve endings. Once this happens, the neurotransmitter responsible for triggering muscle contractions, called acetylcholine, can’t be released. To put it more simply, Botox injections temporarily relax the facial muscles that underlie and cause wrinkles. This is also why wrinkles caused by sun damage and gravity don’t respond to Botox treatments.
What’s a Botox treatment like? You’ll generally receive a consultation beforehand to determine the best treatment for your needs. And when you do undergo a treatment, a topical numbing gel will be applied fifteen minutes prior. Six to eight injections will be administered into the underlying muscles. Most people say that the injections feel similar to getting vaccinated – that is, they feel only a few seconds of mild discomfort as the Botox enters the injection site. A few hours afterwards, the injection site may look red and feel irritated.
Immediately following the injections, you’ll be required to contract the treated muscles. Your physician will ask you to frown, raise your eyebrows and smile and pucker your lips. It sounds silly, but this helps to evenly distribute the Botox throughout the injection site.
When used early on in the aging process, Botox not only treats wrinkles, but also prevents new wrinkles from forming. Botox is most effective on wrinkles that haven’t quite set in, and reduces the onset of wrinkles before they become moderate or severe. By combining a Botox regimen with good skin care, sunscreen, and a healthy lifestyle, you can prevent most wrinkles from getting worse and prevent new ones from forming.
LaserAway is the Nation’s Top Provider of Med Spa Treatments
Start an effective med spa treatment program in your 20s, and you’ll be looking young for a long time to come.
LaserAway is proud to offer the most medical spa service options of any national skincare provider. LaserAway hires only the most highly trained staff experienced and certified in administering laser and other dermatological procedures. What’s more, LaserAway uses only innovative techniques and cutting-edge laser technology. LaserAway aims to make your medical spa experience comfortable, enjoyable and satisfying. Want to learn more about Botox? Clear + Brilliant? Then schedule a free, no obligation consultation today by emailing LaserAway.net or calling the staff at LaserAway at (888) 965-2737. LaserAway looks forward to helping you develop an effective skincare regimen.