Summer Makeup Essentials: How to Look Great Despite the Heat
Summer’s here. And this means lots of time spent at beaches, pools, and picnics. But it also means hot weather.
And we all know that a lot of cosmetics don’t hold up to the humidity, sweat, and sunshine of summer! So to give you a fighting chance at making your makeup withstand the summer heat, we’re here to share some of our best summer makeup secrets and products.
The Hottest Summer Beauty Tips
One of the most important summer beauty tips? Wear a primer.
Why? Because it’s the key to long-lasting foundation and color. All you need is a pea-size dot of a lightweight, oil-free formula. Apply it before you slather on foundation and concealer. A favorite is L’Oreal Paris Studio Secrets Professional Color Correcting Primer.
Here’s some more tips:
- Use a tinted moisturizer. Whatever you do, avoid liquid foundation because it can become caked on, or worse, melt altogether. Tinted moisturizers, on the other hand, are lightweight enough that they won’t make you look like a clown. Check out Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 Oil-Free.
- Apply powder. You should use a setting powder in the t-zone area only so that you can maintain a summer dewy look. Lightly dust some loose powder on your nose, chin, forehead, and upper lip. We recommend Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Airbrushing Loose Powder SPF 30.
- Be picky about your concealer. The wrong concealer can leave streaks across your face if you start sweating. Opt for densely pigmented cream concealers, and apply to blemishes with a small brush. DuWop Circle Block is a favorite.
- Check out multipurpose products. If you don’t want to look overdone, then use a multipurpose product that you can apply to your cheeks, lids, and lips for a simple put-together look. Try Nars Multiple.
- Use oil blotters. Because the summer heat can make your skin excessively shiny, you should use blotting papers throughout the day to keep your skin looking nice and matte. Check out Tatcha Aburatorigami Japanese Blotting Papers.
- Apply lip stains. To prevent your lipstick from bleeding, use lip stains instead of fussing with lipstick and liner. Try Stila Crush Lip and Cheek Stain.
- Choose creamy shadows. We all know that when sweat and powders mix, the results aren’t pretty. Luckily, sheer cream shadows tend to cake less in hot weather. We like Laura Mercier Satinee Crème Eye Colour.
- Apply liquid eyeliner. Kohl pencil eyeliners tend to smudge and melt in the heat, but liquid eyeliners stay put. Try L’Oreal Paris Lineur Intense Brush Tip Liquid Eyeliner.
- Choose waterproof mascaras. This is a no brainer – heat and sweat can easily smudge and fade regular mascara, but waterproof mascara can withstand all the summer heat and beach waves. Our favorite is Maybelline New York Define-A-Lash Lengthening Waterproof Mascara.
- Skip the powdered blush. Once again, powdered blush and sweat don’t mix, oftentimes leaving you with streaky skin. You can avoid this pitfall by using a gel blush like Stila Convertible Color Dual Lip and Cheek Cream.
- Choose a tinted lip balm. While lip gloss is great to wear, it can get runny and sticky in the sun. Instead, wear a tinted lip balm with a high wax content so that it won’t melt in your bag or on your mouth. A big favorite is Aveda Lip Tints SPF 15.
- Wear your hair up. If your hair is down, you’re just asking for sweat and oil to accumulate near your face. So by wearing it up, you reduce the risk of excessive moisture disturbing your makeup.
If you follow our summer makeup tips, you’ll be the golden goddess you’ve always wanted to be.
Need a Little Help Looking Fabulous This Summer?
Clear + Brilliant
Clear + Brilliant is a med spa procedure that erases superficial lines around the eyes and mouth, fine lines on cheeks, rough skin texture, and discoloration. It’s the perfect summertime treatment.
Clear + Brilliant works its magic by revitalizing skin from the inside out. Its non-invasive laser technology gently resurfaces the top layer of the dermis by creating millions of microscopic treatment zones in the skin. Sounds complicated, right? But it’s really just about replacing damaged skin with healthy, younger-looking tissue. The result? Smoother, softer and youthful-looking skin.
What’s a Clear + Brilliant treatment like? The treatment itself is simple. Each Clear + Brilliant procedure takes about thirty minutes. A topical numbing agent is applied to the face forty minutes prior to the procedure. This is removed right before treatment begins. The actual laser session lasts a quick ten minutes, and most patients experience only a warm tingling or prickling sensation with little or no discomfort. To ensure proper contact with the skin and uniform application to all treated areas, Clear + Brilliant technology uses a patented intelligent Optimal Tracking System. Directly after the Clear + Brilliant laser treatment, a cooling face mask is placed on the treated area for 10 to 15 minutes to reduce any residual sensation of heat.
Clear + Brilliant is clinically proven to significantly reverse early signs of aging. Almost all patients who undergo Clear + Brilliant treatments report their skin looks younger and feels smoother. The best part? It won’t keep you from enjoying summer fun – recovery time is minimal.
Did you know that Botox can actually prevent wrinkles from forming? Botox is a revolutionary prescription medication that improves moderate to severe frown lines, forehead furrows, smoker’s lines and crow’s feet. Dynamic wrinkles like these can start to form in your late 20s.
Botox is a neurotoxin and works by attaching itself to nerve endings. Once this happens, the neurotransmitter responsible for triggering muscle contractions, called acetylcholine, can’t be released. To put it more simply, Botox injections temporarily relax the facial muscles that underlie and cause wrinkles. This is also why wrinkles caused by sun damage and gravity don’t respond to Botox treatments.
What’s a Botox treatment like? You’ll generally receive a consultation beforehand to determine the best treatment for your needs. And when you do undergo a treatment, a topical numbing gel will be applied fifteen minutes prior. Six to eight injections will be administered into the underlying muscles. Most people say that the injections feel similar to getting vaccinated – that is, they feel only a few seconds of mild discomfort as the Botox enters the injection site. A few hours afterwards, the injection site may look red and feel irritated.
Immediately following the injections, you’ll be required to contract the treated muscles. Your physician will ask you to frown, raise your eyebrows and smile and pucker your lips. It sounds silly, but this helps to evenly distribute the Botox throughout the injection site.
There’s a reason why millions of men and women choose Botox – there’s no surgery or recovery time involved. This means a Botox treatment won’t keep you indoors while your friends and family are having their summer fun at the beach.
When used early on in the aging process, Botox not only treats wrinkles, but also prevents new wrinkles from forming. Botox is most effective on wrinkles that haven’t quite set in, and reduces the onset of wrinkles before they become moderate or severe. By combining a Botox regimen with good skin care, sunscreen, and a healthy lifestyle, you can prevent most wrinkles from getting worse and prevent new ones from forming.
Choose LaserAway This Summer and Be Beautiful
Begin your summer fun with a visit to LaserAway.
LaserAway is proud to offer the most medical spa service options of any national skincare provider. LaserAway hires only the most highly trained staff experienced and certified in administering laser and other dermatological procedures. What’s more, LaserAway uses only innovative techniques and cutting-edge laser technology. LaserAway aims to make your medical spa experience comfortable, enjoyable and satisfying. Want to learn more about Botox? Clear + Brilliant? Then schedule a free, no obligation consultation today by emailing LaserAway.net or calling the staff at LaserAway at (888) 965-2737. LaserAway looks forward to helping you rediscover radiance.