The Best BB Creams for Large Pores
If you haven’t heard the term “BB cream” it’s short for beauty or blemish creams. They’re essentially like tinted moisturizers on steroids – BB creams hydrate and even out skin tone, offer SPF protection, and treat the skin with antioxidants or other anti-aging ingredients.
But if you have large pores, you probably notice that a lot of foundations make them appear even larger. Luckily, we’re here to tell you about the best BB creams for large pores as well as give you advice on how you can reduce the appearance of your pores!
The Best of the Best: BB Creams
Can’t find the right BB cream for your skin type? Fear not – here’s a list of some of the best BB creams for large pores and oily skin.
- Estee Lauder Daywear Anti-Oxidant Beauty Benefit Cream SPF 35. If you have large pores and shiny skin, then this BB cream is for you! This oil-free cream mattifies and moisturizes skin with key ingredients such as hyaluronic acid and vitamins E and C.
- Maybelline Dream Pure BB. This affordable BB cream contains two percent salicylic acid, which helps to fight breakouts. It also dries to a soft, matte finish, helping to conceal large pores.
- Roc Retinol Multi Correction 5 in 1 Perfecting Cream. This light and fluffy cream contains retinol, which fights acne, reduces dark spots, and diminishes the appearance of fine lines. It also contains SPF 25, protecting you from premature aging.
- Estee Lauder Clear Difference Complexion Perfecting BB Crème. This crème is formulated with salicylic acid, which helps to exfoliate and clear pores. It’s also oil and fragrance-free and contains SPF 35. What’s not to love?
- Olay Total Effects Pore Minimizing CC Cream. Okay, so this one’s technically a CC cream, but it’s oil-free formula that contains niacinamide exfoliates and reduces the look of pores. Check it out!
- Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin. This affordable BB cream contains mattifying minerals that keep oil at bay for hours and just enough coverage to minimize large pores.
- Jart Dis-A-Pore BB Cream. This BB cream is infused with peppermint, chamomile, lavender, jasmine, ylang-ylang, and hibiscus, which control oil production and calm irritation. This formula also provides medium coverage, helping to diminish the appearance of large pores.
- Boscia BB Cream SPF 27 PA++. This lightweight, oil-free BB cream evens out oily, blotchy skin.
- 3Lab Perfect BB SPF 40. This medium-coverage cream contains peptides that help lighten dark spots and fight wrinkles. It’s also formulated with shea butter that keeps skin hydrated but not shiny.
- Jane Iredale Dream Tint Moisture Tint Broad Spectrum SPF 15. This powerful BB cream hydrates skin, calms inflammation, and improves skin’s elasticity. It also creates a soft focus effect that minimizes the look of large pores and fine lines.
But Tell Me, Why Do I Have Large Pores?
Good question! Large pores are caused by a variety of different factors, such as:
- Excess oil production. People who have naturally oily skin tend to have larger pores. This happens because when oil and direct collect in your skin, your skin swells and your pores look larger than they normally would.
- Age. As you get older, your skin loses its elasticity, which can cause your pores to look bigger. Sun damage, which typically accumulates with age, also affects the appearance of pores. Sun damage thickens your skin, causing skin cells to collect around the edges of your pores, which stretch them out.
- Sex. Generally males tend to have larger pores than females. Women might experience enlarged pores more often during hormonal changes, particularly during menstruation.
- Genetic predisposition. If one or both of your parents have enlarged pores, you are more likely to experience enlarged pores as well.
And How Can I Minimize the Appearance of Large Pores?
You’re in luck — the appearance of large pores can be greatly reduced in a number of ways:
- Cleansing pores of debris, excess oil, and bacteria will significantly reduce their prominence. This can be achieved by using a low-strength topical medication or face wash containing retinol or vitamin C. These antioxidants help the skin increase collagen and elastin production while simultaneously loosening dirt and oil from the pores.
- Exfoliating is also key. Exfoliating on a regular basis will diminish the appearance of enlarged pores. If you are routinely getting rid of dead skin cells, which get clogged in your pores, off of your skin, your pores will avoid getting stretched out daily.
- Creams containing retinols. Retinols are derived from Vitamin A, and can be found in over-the-counter products. They are an inexpensive way to temporarily diminish the size of your pores.
- Clay masks. Masks containing Kaolin clay are great for reducing the size of pores. Clay masks draw out water and oil from your skin, temporarily giving your skin a nice tightening sensation and refined texture, which means that your pores will appear smaller. You only need to use them once or twice a week for noticeable results.
- Facial toners. Toners like witch hazel remove oil and fluid from the pores and top layers of the skin, helping to refine and tone skin texture. While these results are temporary, they will help make your pores appear smaller.
Need a Little Extra Help Minimizing Pores? Check Out These Treatments
If BB creams and other beauty products just aren’t cutting it, there are two innovative non-invasive med spa treatments that can help reduce the appearance of large pores – IPL photo facials and Clear + Brilliant.
IPL Photo Facials
Look radiant with photo facials.
IPL photo facials work by using a broad-spectrum light source that penetrates multiple layers of skin. This type of photo facial primarily targets the lower layers of skin (dermis) while leaving the top layers of skin (epidermis) unaffected. The heat generated from the light promotes healing of the skin within, treating a number of different dermatological issues. IPL photo facials specifically minimize enlarged pores by tightening them.
The treatment process itself is straightforward. Before the IPL treatment a medical professional will apply a cold gel to the target area, and you’ll be required to wear protective eyewear. The treatment, lasts around 20 minutes, during which a medical professional will gently apply the IPL hand piece to your skin so that healing light rays can be delivered to the skin’s surface using precise pulses. Most IPL procedures are virtually painless, but more sensitive people might experience mild discomfort – a feeling not unlike a rubber band being snapped against skin. Photo facials typically require little to no recovery time. Following treatment, you can return to your normal activities. More intense IPL treatments, however, may produce sunburn-like symptoms for up to two weeks after the procedure.
If you want to dramatically diminish your pore size, you must be diligent about scheduling treatment sessions. IPL photo facial treatments call for five treatment sessions spaced three weeks apart to obtain desired results. In some cases those results can be seen after only the first treatment! And skin continues to improve with each successive treatment.
Clear + Brilliant
Get clear, beautiful skin with Clear + Brilliant.
Clear + Brilliant rejuvenates the skin from the inside out using a non-invasive dioxide laser. Its non-invasive laser technology gently resurfaces the top layer of the dermis by creating millions of microscopic treatment zones in the skin. Sounds complicated, right? But it’s really just about replacing damaged skin with healthy, younger-looking tissue. The result? Smoother, softer and youthful-looking skin – and most importantly – significantly reduced pore size.
The treatment itself is simple. Each Clear + Brilliant procedure takes about thirty minutes. A topical numbing agent is applied to the face forty minutes prior to the procedure. This is removed right before treatment begins. The actual laser session lasts a quick ten minutes, and most patients experience only a warm tingling or prickling sensation with little or no discomfort. To ensure proper contact with the skin and uniform application to all treated areas, Clear + Brilliant technology uses a patented intelligent Optimal Tracking System. Directly after the Clear + Brilliant laser treatment, a cooling face mask is placed on the treated area for 10 to 15 minutes to reduce any residual sensation of heat.
Jessica Parido's Clear + Brilliant Testimonial
Jessica shares with you how Clear + Brilliant Laser treatments have transformed her skin. #TeamNoFuzz For more information about Clear + Brilliant visit http://nofuzz.la/1HcgIED
Posted by LaserAway on Tuesday, July 28, 2015
Clear + Brilliant is clinically proven to significantly reduce the appearance of enlarged pores. Almost all patients who undergo Clear + Brilliant treatments report their skin looks younger and feels smoother. What’s more, their skin achieves a noticeable glow after a series of three to five Clear + Brilliant treatments. This glow owes to the fact that Clear + Brilliant significantly helps refresh skin tone and refine skin texture by shrinking down pore size – indeed, many patients see a significant difference in the appearance of their skin after only one treatment. Within as little as a week, patients notice brighter, softer, more refined and more youthful skin texture.
Let LaserAway Refine Your Pores – And You’ll Be Radiant!
LaserAway is proud to offer the most medical spa service options of any national skincare provider. LaserAway hires only the most highly trained staff experienced and certified in administering laser and other dermatological procedures. What’s more, LaserAway uses only innovative techniques and cutting-edge laser technology. LaserAway aims to make your medical spa experience comfortable, enjoyable and satisfying. Want to learn more about Clear + Brilliant? IPL photo facials? Then schedule a free, no obligation consultation today by emailing LaserAway.net or calling the staff at LaserAway at (888) 965-2737. LaserAway looks forward to helping you minimize your pores!