The Best Products Featuring Glycolic Acid
We’ve all heard about glycolic acid peels – light chemical peels that help diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
But did you know that several skincare products feature this amazingly effective ingredient? Derived from sugar cane, glycolic acid stimulates collagen and elastin production, improving the appearance of superficial lines and wrinkles, age spots, and sun damaged skin.
We’re here to give you the lowdown on the best products featuring glycolic acid as well as some anti-aging skincare advice.
Some of the Best Skincare Products Featuring Glycolic Acid
Many dermatologists prefer products containing glycolic acid over those containing stronger acids because they’re gentler on the skin. A wide range of skincare products exist that have added glycolic acid, such as cleansers, moisturizers, and facial scrubs. Here’s our list of the best products to look out for:
- Mario Badescu Glycolic Foaming Cleanser. This cleanser, which contains a powerful dose of glycolic acid, helps to break down build-up from the surface of the skin, reduces minor discoloration, and leaves skin radiant and smooth.
- Reviva Labs Glycolic Acid Facial Cleanser. This unique soap-free, oil-free cleanser is especially formulated for mature or sun-damaged skin.
- Peter Thomas Roth Glycolic Acid 3% Facial Wash. This anti-aging, oil-free facial cleanser cleanse, exfoliates and tones skin.
- Jan Marini Bioglycolic Face Cleanser. This gentle soap-free cleanser leaves skin feeling soft and hydrated.
- Glytone Mild Cream Wash. This glycolic acid cleanser is formulated with a blend of conditioners, moisturizers, and non-irritating surfactants to gently and thoroughly cleanse and hydrate skin.
- Glycolix Elite Facial Cream 15%. This anti-aging moisturizer is designed to stimulate cellular turnover, revealing fresher, healthier, and younger-looking skin.
- Peter Thomas Roth Glycolic Acid 10% Hydrating Gel. This lightweight hydrating gel contains antioxidants and glycolic acid to help diminish the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and other signs of aging.
- Aqua Glycolic Face Cream. This hydrating cream helps to soften and smooth skin. It also helps to exfoliate dead skin cells with gentle glycolic and alpha hydroxyl acids.
- Retseliney Advanced Age Defying Moisturizer. This moisturizer contains glycolic acid, vitamin C, MSM, cocoa butter, and avocado oil to diminish fine lines and wrinkles.
- Toulon Anti-Wrinkle Face Moisturizer. This powerful moisturizer hydrates, exfoliates and rejuvenates skin.
- Derma E Anti-Wrinkle Vitamin A Glycolic Scrub. This facial scrub effectively exfoliates dull, aging cells and removes impurities from the skin’s surface for a refreshed, healthy glow.
- Peter Thomas Roth Laser-Free Retexturizer. This facial scrub retexturizes, resurfaces, renews, and moisturizes dull, aging skin. Glycolic acid helps banish the appearance of uneven skin tone and smooths out fine lines and wrinkles.
- Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix Scrub. This three-in-one facial scrub contains glycolic and salicylic acids that refine, brighten, and renew skin.
- Cosmedica Glycolic Facial Scrub. This gentle and effective facial scrub removes dead skin cells and other impurities for a refreshed and healthy glow.
Listen to This: Anti-Aging Skincare Advice
Let’s face it – aging isn’t fun, especially premature aging.
Luckily, there’s a lot you can do to ensure you look your best! Here are some anti-aging tips from the experts:
- Wear sunblock. Because exposure to the sun is the number one cause of premature aging, you should wear sunblock daily to fight against the early signs of aging. Fair skin only has the equivalent of a mere SPF 3.5, so individuals should aim for a sunblock with a minimum SPF 30.
- Use Retinoids. Retinoids make skin smoother, and promote normal maturation of cells, which can help prevent skin cancers. They also diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Quit smoking. Cigarettes are toxic to the skin, depriving it of oxygen and increasing the risk of skin cancer. Smoking significantly accelerates the aging process.
- Invest in eye cream. Eyes tend to show the first signs of aging. Start using an eye cream with caffeine to reduce morning puffiness, and look for ingredients like antioxidants.
- You should exfoliate a few times a week. Doing so will slough off any dead skin cells leaving you with healthy, dewy skin.
- Moisturize! As we age, our skin tends to become drier because our oil-producing glands become less active. You should choose an oil-based moisturizer that contains petrolatum as the base, along with antioxidants or glycolic acids to combat wrinkles.
- Start the day with a gentle cleanser. Cleansers should remove dirt and oil on the skin, but shouldn’t be abrasive. A fragrance-free morning face wash with added moisturizers is ideal.
- Stay hydrated. Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated internally. Add lemon or lime juice for an extra boost. And, eat a healthy, colorful high-fiber diet that increases internal alkalinity such as a Mediterranean-style diet.
Need a Little Extra Help Turning Back the Clock? Then Check Out These Treatments
If glycolic acid products alone aren’t cutting it, here’s three non-invasive treatments that can significantly reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles:
Clear + Brilliant
Clear + Brilliant uses fractional laser technology to fight the early effects of aging, leaving skin with a more youthful appearance.
How does Clear + Brilliant work? Clear + Brilliant works its magic by revitalizing skin from the inside out. Its non-invasive laser technology gently resurfaces the top layer of the dermis by creating millions of microscopic treatment zones in the skin. Sounds complicated, right? But it’s really just about replacing damaged skin with healthy, younger-looking tissue. The result? Smoother, softer and youthful-looking skin.
What’s a treatment like? Each Clear + Brilliant procedure takes about thirty minutes. A topical numbing agent is applied to the face forty minutes prior to the procedure. This is removed right before treatment begins. The actual laser session lasts a quick ten minutes, and most patients experience only a warm tingling or prickling sensation with little or no discomfort. To ensure proper contact with the skin and uniform application to all treated areas, Clear + Brilliant technology uses a patented intelligent Optimal Tracking System. Directly after the Clear + Brilliant laser treatment, a cooling face mask is placed on the treated area for 10 to 15 minutes to reduce any residual sensation of heat.
Clear + Brilliant is clinically proven to significantly reverse early signs of aging. Almost all patients who undergo Clear + Brilliant treatments report their skin looks younger and feels smoother. What’s more, their skin achieves a noticeable glow after a series of three to five Clear + Brilliant treatments. This glow owes to the fact that Clear + Brilliant significantly helps refresh skin tone and texture – indeed, many patients see a significant difference in the appearance of their skin after only one treatment. Within as little as a week, patients notice brighter, softer and more youthful skin texture. With multiple treatments age spots, fine lines and wrinkles fade and soften.
Botox is a revolutionary prescription medication that improves moderate to severe frown lines, forehead furrows, smoker’s lines and crow’s feet. Botox is quick, painless, and seldom causes side effects.
How does Botox work? Botox is a neurotoxin and works by attaching itself to nerve endings. Once this happens, the neurotransmitter responsible for triggering muscle contractions, called acetylcholine, can’t be released. To put it more simply, Botox injections temporarily relax the facial muscles that underlie and cause wrinkles. This is also why wrinkles caused by sun damage and gravity don’t respond to Botox treatments.
What’s a Botox treatment like? You’ll generally receive a consultation beforehand to determine the best treatment for your needs. And when you do undergo a treatment, a topical numbing gel will be applied fifteen minutes prior. Six to eight injections will be administered into the underlying muscles. Most people say that the injections feel similar to getting vaccinated – that is, they feel only a few seconds of mild discomfort as the Botox enters the injection site. A few hours afterwards, the injection site may look red and feel irritated.
Botox offers real, noticeable results. Since Botox works by weakening facial muscles, full results are generally seen within five to seven days. You’ll see deep dynamic wrinkles gradually improve over time, in addition to the early effects seen shortly after treatment. Your results will continue to improve, until about two weeks after the procedure. At that time, you’ll be looking your best. The effects of Botox will gradually wear off over the next four to six months, and the wrinkles will need to be retreated.
IPL Photo Facials
IPL photo facials are a unique skin treatment that uses gentle pulses of light to beautify sun-damaged and aged skin as well as reduce redness and flushing.
How do IPL photo facials work? IPL photo facials work by using a broad-spectrum light source that penetrates multiple layers of skin. This type of photo facial primarily targets the lower layers of skin (dermis) while leaving the top layers of skin (epidermis) unaffected. The heat generated from the light promotes healing of the skin within, treating a number of different dermatological issues.
What’s an IPL photo facial like? Before the IPL treatment a medical professional will apply a cold gel to the target area, and you’ll be required to wear protective eyewear. The treatment, lasts around 20 minutes, during which a medical professional will gently apply the IPL hand piece to your skin so that healing light rays can be delivered to the skin’s surface using precise pulses. Most IPL procedures are virtually painless, but more sensitive people might experience mild discomfort – a feeling not unlike a rubber band being snapped against skin. Photo facials typically require little to no recovery time. Following treatment, you can return to your normal activities. More intense IPL treatments, however, may produce sunburn-like symptoms for up to two weeks after the procedure.
IPL photo facial treatments call for five treatment sessions spaced three weeks apart to obtain desired results. In some cases those results can be seen after only the first treatment! And skin continues to improve with each successive treatment.
Let LaserAway Make Your Skin Radiant and Youthful
We’ll strip away the years.
LaserAway is proud to offer the most medical spa service options of any national skincare provider. LaserAway hires only the most highly trained staff experienced and certified in administering laser and other dermatological procedures. What’s more, LaserAway uses only innovative techniques and cutting-edge laser technology. LaserAway aims to make your medical spa experience comfortable, enjoyable and satisfying. Want to learn more about Botox? IPL photo facials? Clear + Brilliant? Then schedule a free, no obligation consultation today by emailing LaserAway.net or calling the staff at LaserAway at (888) 965-2737. LaserAway looks forward to helping you turn back the clock with the most innovative beauty treatments.