The Ultimate Lowdown on BB Creams
You’re missing out if you haven’t heard of BB creams.
BB creams, which stands for beauty or blemish creams, do the job of five or six products – moisturizers, primers, sunscreens, skin treatments, concealers, and foundations. By using BB creams, you’re essentially streamlining your beauty routine.
A Magic Mixture
Most BB creams contain:
- Anti-aging ingredients like peptides and antioxidants
- Moisturizers such as hyaluronic acid and glycerin
- Ingredients that even out skin tone like licorice and arbutin
- Light-reflecting mica that gives skin a luminous finish
- Ingredients that act as a primer, such as dimethicone
- SPF ingredients like zinc oxide or titanium oxide
The Best BB Creams for Every Skin Type
The great thing about BB creams is that there’s virtually one for every skin type.
Need anti-aging ingredients? No problem. Want to control oily skin and minimize pores? There’s nothing a BB cream can’t do! Here’s our list of the best BB creams organized by skin type!
Which BB Cream Is Right for You?
- Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream SPF 15. This ultra-moisturizing BB cream contains hyaluronic acid and glycerin, which are like Gatorade for dehydrated skin. It’s also formulated with Vitamin C, which brightens skin.
- Brandt Signature Flexitone BB Cream. This ultra-hydrating cream makes skin more luminous. How? It contains light-reflecting pearl powder.
- Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30. This powerful BB cream hydrates, protects, and brightens your skin with Kopara and seawater.
- Estee Lauder Daywear Anti-Oxidant Beauty Benefit Cream SPF 35. If you have large pores and shiny skin, then this BB cream is for you! This oil-free cream mattifies and moisturizes skin with key ingredients such as hyaluronic acid and vitamins E and C.
- Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin. This affordable BB cream contains mattifying minerals that keep oil at bay for hours and just enough coverage to minimize large pores.
- Jart Dis-A-Pore BB Cream. This BB cream is infused with peppermint, chamomile, lavender, jasmine, ylang-ylang, and hibiscus, which control oil production and calm irritation. This formula also provides medium coverage, helping to diminish the appearance of large pores.
- Sila Stay All Day 10 in 1 HD Beauty Balm. This BB cream contains ingredients that reduce the appearance of wrinkle depth by 84 percent. It also contains peptides to treat fine lines and wrinkles.
- Hydroxatone Anti-Aging BB Cream with SPF 40. This BB cream conceals, smooths, protects, and hydrates your skin for an even complexion. Vitamin C promotes collagen production and protects against free-radical damage.
- Lumene Bright Now Vitamin C BB Cream SPF 20. This BB cream is formulated with wild arctic cloudberry and vitamin C to brighten, hydrate, and protect skin.
- Clinique Age Defense BB Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 30. This BB cream contains caffeine to soften lines and vitamin E and seaweed extract to control oil.
- Jart Premium Blemish Base with SPF 45. This BB cream contains soy, licorice, vitamin C, and arbutin to fade discoloration on the skin’s surface.
- Derma E BB Crème. This BB crème helps to refine and conceal uneven skin. It also contains anti-aging antioxidants and wrinkle-fighting peptides.
- Jart+ Water Fuse BB Beauty Balm with SPF 25. This fragrance-free BB cream helps neutralize redness and soothes skin.
- Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35. This BB cream combines a moisturizer, treatment, broad spectrum SPF, and a lightweight foundation.
- Boscia BB Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 27. This botanical formula created for sensitive skin creates a lustrous, flawless finish as it hydrates, firms, and soothes skin.
Want Flawless Skin? Check Out These Three Treatments
If BB creams alone aren’t cutting it, here’s three non-invasive treatments that can significantly reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, even out skin tone, and minimize the appearance of pores:
Clear + Brilliant
Get flawless skin with Clear + Brilliant.
Clear + Brilliant uses fractional laser technology to fight the early effects of aging, leaving skin with a more youthful appearance.
How does Clear + Brilliant work? Clear + Brilliant works its magic by revitalizing skin from the inside out. Its non-invasive laser technology gently resurfaces the top layer of the dermis by creating millions of microscopic treatment zones in the skin. Sounds complicated, right? But it’s really just about replacing damaged skin with healthy, younger-looking tissue. The result? Smoother, softer and youthful-looking skin.
What’s a treatment like? Each Clear + Brilliant procedure takes about thirty minutes. A topical numbing agent is applied to the face forty minutes prior to the procedure. This is removed right before treatment begins. The actual laser session lasts a quick ten minutes, and most patients experience only a warm tingling or prickling sensation with little or no discomfort. To ensure proper contact with the skin and uniform application to all treated areas, Clear + Brilliant technology uses a patented intelligent Optimal Tracking System. Directly after the Clear + Brilliant laser treatment, a cooling face mask is placed on the treated area for 10 to 15 minutes to reduce any residual sensation of heat.
Clear + Brilliant is clinically proven to significantly reverse early signs of aging. Almost all patients who undergo Clear + Brilliant treatments report their skin looks younger and feels smoother. What’s more, their skin achieves a noticeable glow after a series of three to five Clear + Brilliant treatments. This glow owes to the fact that Clear + Brilliant significantly helps refresh skin tone and texture – indeed, many patients see a significant difference in the appearance of their skin after only one treatment. Within as little as a week, patients notice brighter, softer and more youthful skin texture. With multiple treatments age spots, fine lines and wrinkles fade and soften.
Get smooth, luscious skin with Botox.
Botox is a revolutionary prescription medication that improves moderate to severe frown lines, forehead furrows, smoker’s lines and crow’s feet. Botox is quick, painless, and seldom causes side effects.
How does Botox work? Botox is a neurotoxin and works by attaching itself to nerve endings. Once this happens, the neurotransmitter responsible for triggering muscle contractions, called acetylcholine, can’t be released. To put it more simply, Botox injections temporarily relax the facial muscles that underlie and cause wrinkles. This is also why wrinkles caused by sun damage and gravity don’t respond to Botox treatments.
What’s a Botox treatment like? You’ll generally receive a consultation beforehand to determine the best treatment for your needs. And when you do undergo a treatment, a topical numbing gel will be applied fifteen minutes prior. Six to eight injections will be administered into the underlying muscles. Most people say that the injections feel similar to getting vaccinated – that is, they feel only a few seconds of mild discomfort as the Botox enters the injection site. A few hours afterwards, the injection site may look red and feel irritated.
Botox offers real, noticeable results. Since Botox works by weakening facial muscles, full results are generally seen within five to seven days. You’ll see deep dynamic wrinkles gradually improve over time, in addition to the early effects seen shortly after treatment. Your results will continue to improve, until about two weeks after the procedure. At that time, you’ll be looking your best. The effects of Botox will gradually wear off over the next four to six months, and the wrinkles will need to be retreated.
IPL Photo Facials
Look radiant with photo facials.
IPL photo facials are a unique skin treatment that uses gentle pulses of light to beautify sun-damaged and aged skin as well as reduce redness and flushing.
How do IPL photo facials work? IPL photo facials work by using a broad-spectrum light source that penetrates multiple layers of skin. This type of photo facial primarily targets the lower layers of skin (dermis) while leaving the top layers of skin (epidermis) unaffected. The heat generated from the light promotes healing of the skin within, treating a number of different dermatological issues.
What’s an IPL photo facial like? Before the IPL treatment a medical professional will apply a cold gel to the target area, and you’ll be required to wear protective eyewear. The treatment, lasts around 20 minutes, during which a medical professional will gently apply the IPL hand piece to your skin so that healing light rays can be delivered to the skin’s surface using precise pulses. Most IPL procedures are virtually painless, but more sensitive people might experience mild discomfort – a feeling not unlike a rubber band being snapped against skin. Photo facials typically require little to no recovery time. Following treatment, you can return to your normal activities. More intense IPL treatments, however, may produce sunburn-like symptoms for up to two weeks after the procedure.
IPL photo facial treatments call for five treatment sessions spaced three weeks apart to obtain desired results. In some cases those results can be seen after only the first treatment! And skin continues to improve with each successive treatment.
Let LaserAway Turn Back the Clock
LaserAway is proud to offer the most medical spa service options of any national skincare provider. LaserAway hires only the most highly trained staff experienced and certified in administering laser and other dermatological procedures. What’s more, LaserAway uses only innovative techniques and cutting-edge laser technology. LaserAway aims to make your medical spa experience comfortable, enjoyable and satisfying. Want to learn more about Botox? IPL photo facials? Clear + Brilliant? Then schedule a free, no obligation consultation today by emailing LaserAway.net or calling the staff at LaserAway at (888) 965-2737. LaserAway looks forward to helping you turn back the clock with Botox.