Coolsculpting: The Skinny
Coolsculpting is the only non-invasive fat reduction method that actually works.
How Coolsculpting Originated
Dr. Rox Anderson and Dr. Dieter Manstein who are affiliated with the Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital, invented CoolSculpting.
The doctors were interested in a phenomenon called popsicle panniculitis: Toddlers sucking on popsicles who fell asleep would wake up with unilateral, permanent fat reduction in their cheeks.
The doctors proved that at a perfect cold temperature fat cells were destroyed, while skin, nerves, and organs were unaffected and coined the term “cryolipolysis”.
The FDA cleared CoolSculpting in 2010 and the rest is history.
How it works
- CoolSculpting destroys fat cells that resist diet and exercise, Common areas are love handles and the chin.
- Using the CoolSculpting applicator, fat cells are targeted and cooled for about an hour, causing crystallization.
- Only fat cells are affected, skin, nerves, and organs are unchanged.
- After the applicator is used, the technician will massage the area to destroy the crystallized fat cells.
- Over a few weeks and a couple months, the crystallized fat cells are gradually removed by the immune system.
- You’ll the the results in just a couple weeks. The average fat loss per area per session is 25%.
Most Common Areas to Treat
- Inner Thighs
- Back of Thighs
CoolSculpting helps a full spectrum of people. From heavier to more athletic candidates, CoolSculpting gets rid of pockets of fat that can’t be removed from diet and exercise.
Any areas where you have unwanted pockets of fat can be treated with CoolSculpting.
*Results and patient experience may vary.