No. Laser treatments cannot get rid of small red veins around your nose. However, laser resurfacing can help with the appearance of your overall skin tone and texture.
If you don’t know what those small red veins are, they’re called broken capillaries. Broken capillaries result from dilation of blood capillaries, and these small veins are most noticeable in women with dry, sensitive skin. There are a lot of things that contribute to broken capillaries, including:
- This is one of the main factors responsible for broken capillaries. If your parents have broken capillaries on their face and/or legs, chances are that you’ll get them too.
- Did you know that women have a higher amount of blood running through their bodies during pregnancy? As a result, veins become enlarged and vessels are easily broken.
- Skin damage. Unfortunately, facial damage caused by sunburns, wind, and changes in temperature can result in broken capillaries.
- As we age, collagen and elastin in our skin becomes weaker, causing the skin to become thinner and veins more noticeable. Broken capillaries are common in old age.
- Medical conditions. People who suffer from certain medical conditions like rosacea tend to also suffer from broken capillaries.
- Alcohol consumption. Drinking a lot over a long time can increase your blood pressure, causing the capillaries in your face to dilate.
There are some things you can do to prevent broken capillaries. Some tips include:
- Be gentle when you wash your face, and use warm water.
- Apply sunblock to your face, focusing on the area around your nose.
- Avoid smoking cigarettes and drinking alcohol.
- Try not to put pressure on your skin. You can develop broken capillaries from squeezing or picking, or where eyeglasses sit on the skin.
- Moisturize your skin. Dry skin types are more prone to getting broken capillaries.
- Avoid hot showers and hot, dry conditions – don’t wash your face with hot water, either.
- Don’t move from one extreme temperature to another.
- Start your morning with a cool splash of water. Why? Because cool water helps reduce redness and calm the skin.
- Look for skincare products that contain anti-inflammatory ingredients like chamomile and keratoplast.
Want to Get Rid of Broken Capillaries? Try and IPL Photofacial Treatment
If you need something more powerful to erase broken capillaries, then you should check out this non-invasive med spa treatment – IPL Photofacials
IPL Photofacials can help with broken capillaries too.
IPL Photofacials, which use a broad spectrum light source that penetrates multiple layers of skin, are most ideal for people who have:
- Fair, untanned skin
- Shallow acne scars or large pores
- Fine lines and wrinkles caused by aging
- Irregular pigmentation caused by sun damage, aging or medication
- Brown spots or facial redness
- Broken capillaries and spider veins
IPL Photofacials work by using a broad-spectrum light source that penetrates multiple layers of skin. This type of PhotoFacial primarily targets the lower layers of skin (dermis) while leaving the top layers of skin (epidermis) unaffected. The heat generated from the light promotes healing of the skin within, treating a number of different dermatological issues.
IPL PhotoFacial treatments call for five treatment sessions spaced three weeks apart to obtain desired results. In some cases, those results can be seen after only the first treatment! And skin continues to improve with each successive treatment.
LaserAway is the Nation’s Top Provider of Med Spa Treatments
Don’t worry about ugly veins. At LaserAway, we can erase them.
LaserAway is proud to offer the most medical spa service options of any national skincare provider. LaserAway hires only the most highly trained staff experienced and certified in administering laser and other dermatological procedures. What’s more, LaserAway uses only innovative techniques and cutting-edge laser technology. LaserAway aims to make your medical spa experience comfortable, enjoyable and satisfying. Want to learn more about IPL PhotoFacials? Clear + Brilliant? Then schedule a free, no-obligation consultation today by emailing LaserAway.com or calling the staff at LaserAway at (888) 965-2737. LaserAway looks forward to helping you turn back the clock.